Alone | Teen Ink

Alone

By PK4evr ELITE, Allen, Texas
PK4evr ELITE, Allen, Texas

When life gives you lemons, make grape juice, then watch everyone wonder how you did it!

Is it too hard to ask you to help me after you said you would?
I let you know how much I needed it
Yet you give me no answer
Just another hollow reminder
Of another person that doesn’t care
You told me you would be my friend
Yet now when of you I ask a little
You tell me I can do it myself
However, the truth is evident
I can’t make it on my own
Your turning me away just adding to my heart’s load
The cup which holds my sorrow overflows
For the single reason I am betrayed once more
There is nowhere to go
I have been deserted
Not for the first time
Yet by far this is the most difficult to bear of them all
How much time does it take to understand my fear?
How much does it take for a person to really care?
Am I really asking too much?
Can’t you just set aside a little
Which to me would mean so much?
Still you refuse
I feel no need to use force
Instead accept the fact
That once more I am alone
Inside I am weak
And need so much help
I shall not ask you again
Another scar has been left on my heart
I shall let it heal
But only a little
Some of the pain cannot be erased
So I will just leave it there
And feel the reason I am empty
I am standing alone

I wrote this about the same person I wrote "Come Back" about. About half a year later, we still aren't talking, but he wasn't the only one that has led me up to these feelings. It isn't like I can pin blame on any particular person. I just want to show that standing alone is never a good thing. In Ecclesiastes, it says, "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."
Basically, I just wanted to portray that if you're alone out there, it's okay to feel lonely, but you have to try your best to change that.

LoveLikeWoe DIAMOND, LeSueur, MN, Minnesota

Whoever laughs first has the sickest mind.

this bassically pulled me in by my shirt saying READ ME UNTIL THE END! i loved it. :D

EdytD SILVER said...
EdytD SILVER, Livingston, New Jersey
Nice! I agree w/ silverdawn - it holds you until the end! I think all it needs is a bit of graphic imagery to show, rather than tell, your pain. Great job, and thanks for the comments!

Estelle_Star SILVER, Union Grove, Wisconsin

"I love writing. I love the swirl and swing of words as they tangle with human emtions," James A. Michener.

I like the imagery that this piece beholds, but sometimes, standing alone is the best thing to do. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone."

unearthlyhaphazard GOLD, N/A, New York

"There are three rules for writing the novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."~W. Somerset Maugham

It's sad and very beautiful. It's full of emotion. The fourth and fifth lines are also my favorite because, in my opinion, they are the most powerful.

SilverDawn GOLD, Burnaby, Other
I decided that I love this poem upon reading the 4th and 5th lines. And then it just got better and better from there! I also like how it's almost song-like, at least when I read it x) i don't know what else to say besides the fact that i REALLYYYY heart this poem<3 and i hope writing out your feelings helped you feel better (: