Still a little girl! | Teen Ink

Still a little girl!

By TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other
TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret" -Ambrose Bierce
" Be yourself! Everybody else is already taken ;)"
"Don't go where the path leads you. Go instead where there's no path and leave a trail ;)"-R.W.Emerson

Opened the quotes application.
Desperately seeking for inspiration.
Looked out of the window.
Saw myself little playing beneath the willow.
Running wild till nights grow.
Now in my room no one else but my shadow.
Filled my heart all kind of sorrow.
Inside felt nothing but hollow.
All the memories I made along the way.
Wasn't it beautiful on the firefly-catching day?
When I believed everything is possible in some way?
When fairytales were not so far away?
Wasn't it easier when I could still fit in my mom's closet?
Hiding from my brother's scary puppet?
My childhood! A beautiful disaster!
If I get to start over.
I can't imagine it any better.
Now years and years after.
Today's world found its place in the picture.
A smile filled my face's corner.
Though I'm not a child any longer.
In my soul I can still feel the innocence flavor.
I wouldn't let it go for anything ever.
I guess for that I have to say.
Deep inside I'm still a little girl in some way.

Years passing by and we find ourselves busy with our own world.
Diving and getting along with everyday that passes by. Somehow we kind of forget what it feels like to be happy as a little child playing and running without about what people think. We tend to miss that innocence that made the brightness in our eyes.
What would you do or give to live one happy day of your childhood just once again?
I'd give everything I have.

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

So true, it is strange but kind of not so strange cuz that's how life goes, time comes when we wish for a particular moment to last forever and some other time that hurts so bad that we wish we could go back to being a little innocent child who doesn't know anything about the real world and that way life would be so much easier...This is human nature I guess. But after all, life is definitely worth living for all the mystery that it carries whether good or bad. I don't know if I'm making sense to you, am I?! Sorry if I sound a little o_O lol Thanks anyway for the comment I'm really glad my poem inspired you ^_^

kennedyshine PLATINUM, Corte Madera, California

The perpetual pursuit for an unattainable freedom

It's so strange how when we're young, we want to be older, and when we're older we want to be younger. I guess it helps to believe that there's a time when things are better.

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Thank you it means so much to me ^_^

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Yeah that's exactly what I mean!! Sometime I just regret not enjoying every single moment but then I'd say I at least had what some people couldn't even dream of so I'm lucky ^_^ Thanks for the feedback

DarkyPMobian said...
DarkyPMobian, Moncks Corner, South Carolina

"Our fate lies within us. You only have to be brave enough to see it."
-Princess Merida

I feel ya! Our childhood has passed by too fast!!! DX

XxSmilesxX GOLD, Thomasville, Georgia

Depression is like a war, you either win, or die trying.

I loved the word choice, and the really great details!

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Thank you so much!! I'm sure your work is even better. I already read your poems and they are amazing!! You have a great talent for writing and you surely should carry on in this track, i can see that you'll be a successful writer someday if you wanted to. It'll be my biggest pleasure to read your work by then ;) Thanks again.

Princess.Renda GOLD, Travelers Rest, South Carolina

"All the world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust." --J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

"My childhood! A beautiful disaster!" I love this part. The whole poem is beautiful though. Your writing is amazing! I wish my free verse was as flowing and discriptive as yours!

lastingbreath16 DIAMOND, Lake Alfred, Florida

screw it all if life gives u lemons do what ever you feel the need to do with them.

Beautiful! I love your poem it was awesome!!!

Olivia-Atlet ELITE, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri

"To these the past hath its phantoms,
More real than solid earth;
And to these death does not mean decay,
But only another birth"
- Isabella Banks

Amazing!!! I love this so much, you have beautiful imagery and imagination and explained the feeling we all feel once in a while. :) Keep up the great work, and never stop writing!

HayatC. PLATINUM, Louisville, Kentucky

"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one."

Wow! This one has to be my favorite, absolutely amazing and so very relateable! Astounding job!

Miss_Orange SILVER, Makati, Other

"I'm OK, I'm Fine and I'm alright are the greatest lies people tell each other everyday." By Me.

Hey TheComet! I agree, our poems have a simmilar theme indeed. I really like this much better than mine. you still acknowledge your inner child while in mine, I let go. it's more positive and I love it! 5/5 for you, dear!

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

You're welcome! And that is true. : ) I really liked your poem. It's really good. : )

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

It's my pleasure! Thank you for being the first one to comment on my work. Yeah i do believe that even growing up and diving in today's world doesn't matter if we keep holding on to that brightness in our eyes that makes us so innocent...and in some way we hold on to WHO WE ARE ^__^

This is great. So many ways, I have tried to say in my poems, that I am growing up, but somewhere in me...I'm somehow still a little girl. Thank you, for sharing this.