Hide Away | Teen Ink

Hide Away

By Scott Reel GOLD, Naperville, Illinois
Scott Reel GOLD, Naperville, Illinois

It’s always there. You go to it as a result of all feelings. It’s always safe and quiet there. You go there to be alone, you go there to be with all of whom are inside of you keeping you alive. It’s nowhere by definition but it’s everywhere in the thoughts of all of us.
It’s a valley, a basement, a tree, a field, a dream, an ocean. It’s your protection, an umbrella to shield you from the rain soaking your life and washing out your light.
She is there, the mother you never had, he talks to you because your dad never did, he motivates you because your coach doesn’t know you exist, she loves you because you can’t find the right girl, he guides you because you haven’t found God yet, they are all still alive; those whom have perished. You go there to weep when you feel its weak to let it you; to laugh when you need a good one, to scream when you don’t want anyone to hear you, or simply the silence…the calmness that your life can’t seem to reach. It’s your escape. The weather there varies because it is up to you; it’s a party because only those you have invited are there. The grass is always green as can be and the trees go high in the clouds as far as you can see. The stars are as bright as the sun and the beach isn’t but a walk away.We all possesses this place, it’s different for all, but it exists in everyone. It’s as real to you as the ground you walk on, but untouchable to the world surrounding you. When you are scared or happy or sad or mad, in love, hating, embarrassed, or fading; remember the place. Arrive there and stay as long as you like but stay at least long enough to take a deep breath and exhale all your problems away, for this is your hide away.

samZ23 said...
SO AMAZING! I think everyone can relate to this. Great job! :)