were im from | Teen Ink

were im from

November 14, 2013
By Anonymous

I grew up in a small town but then moved to Texas then back to the small town by the name of Colstrip MT. A small town were people love to start drama and get some respect for whatever it is they're going for some want the fastest car some want fighting respect some want to just be with a crew Colstrip is and odd town it's small but we have farmers, people who dress like they're from the city, and some people just dress like normal people from Billings. as a kid I loved ninja turtles, GI joes, hot wheels, my step dad was in the army for a little while but then left after a while. I grew up with a big giant man who had a great heart but it went south very quickly. Heavy drinking and the constant beatings I saw things as a kid that has made me one of the most protective people you will meet. I still love raman noodles even though that was all I ate as a kid cause that all we could afford I find pictures every now and then. And in all the pictures of me as a baby I never had cloths besides the nicest shoes. My step dad was had a very hard child hood as well. But I grew up with him so I got it too. He taught me how to do push ups, sit ups, pull ups and he gave me my sensitive side. I’m from the loving mother that wants nothing but the best for me, constantly, looking out for me and letting me know what she thinks about a situation. She made something out of me for sure .If it wasn’t for her I don’t now were id be today. My mom is a great women She had a friend named Bridget Spang. she had a few kids but the one that was my age was Vallen Spang, he was my best friend I grew up with them for a while on the rez. Im from my grand mothers peaceful home. Im from where the chair she sits in every morning with her cup of coffee and the bible praying for me everyday. I’m from the block were all the homies park their cars and wait for a race to come up, while the bass is bumpin as loud as possible, until the cops show up and tell us to turn it down. I’m from a small house with anger and mean actions, I was made to be hard and stick up for the people I love,That’s what Im going to do for the rest of my life. I'm going to defend what is rightfully ours and for what we need and want im going to go and get it know matter what that means.I grew up riding bikes and trying to get out of my house as much and often as I could. So now as a teen young adult I often find the wrong things to associate with. But if I grew up with the things that are wrong for me to mess with then why did I grow up with them I grew up with 3 younger brothers and I love them all. The little town of Colstrip isnt the hood but its definitely the struggle. I didn’t grow up on the streets but definitely on the porch I grew up with my grand mother praying for us to all be safe daily.