I am not just A girl | Teen Ink

I am not just A girl

May 22, 2013
By firefly96 BRONZE, Jacksonville, Florida
firefly96 BRONZE, Jacksonville, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I am not just some girl.

I am A girl who works so hard in school, I strive for A's and B's, a tiny fish in the sea trying to succeed.









I am not just some girl.

I am A girl who struggles with severe anxiety, yes I struggle with OCD, A never calming storm that always seems to be overcoming me.









I am not just some girl.

I am A girl who has been neglected, beaten, and mentally abused, this world to me before was nothing but a cruel disappointing ruse.









I am not just some girl.

I am A girl who's family and herself have used drugs for an excuse, to struggle and lose after a while the drugs and booze became nothing more to me than old news.









I am not just some girl.

I am A girl who has been on her own since she was only twelve, a lonely book, ripped and tattered, forgotten on a shelf.









I am not just some girl.

I am A girl who has learned how to fend for and take care of herself, like a widowed wife left with not even her husbands wealth.









I am not just some girl.

I am A girl who has gone through so many things and maybe you have too, we may be alike in more ways than you ever thought to be true.









I am not just some girl.

I am A girl who is telling you the next time you want make fun of me, or anyone else, sit back and think about the life they have lived because what you see outside of them may not be so true, this could be just a decoy of what you never knew.









I am not just some girl.


The author's comments:
My life inspired me to write this poem. I have been teased in school almost my whole life, I want this poem to reach out to teens and let them know they are not the only ones who may have been through some of the same things. I want teens to feel like they are not alone.