My Respite | Teen Ink

My Respite

By SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other
SaphiraBrightscales DIAMOND, Islamabad, Other

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
- Maya Angelou
When i was little/I used to point a chubby finger toward the dark sky/And ask my father/why some stars moved and others didn’t/He would laugh and explain that some were airplanes/I still wish on them today ~ Laugh-It-Out
The feathers of a crow are black/The ink of my pen is blacker/The pain of my heart is blackest~ Mckay
If love produced a blossom/I’d take it in my palm/What a blessing, the bright color!/How soothing, such a balm!/I’d keep a petal for my own/The rest, drop from my hands/For such a flower would multiply/And populate the lands~ thesilentraven
And I began to rival legends/Long entombed before my birth./But for all my much envied fame/The lust for more would not abate./The plaques and prizes with my name/Will, like all things, disintegrate. ~ TheEpic95 now known as Helena_Noel

When some sorrow nestles in my heart,
Or a sudden joy makes me start;
The one place I think of, my one respite,
The place where I feel like I’m in flight,
The one place where utter peace resides,
The one place where turbulence hides;
There my heart experiences calm.
And to my mind ‘tis like a balm.
Though every art of God’s: A Masterpiece!
When here my eyes fall, all aches cease.
Now tho’ what remains is but a stump,
Of the three which grew out of that rocky bump;
My respite, it still is and almost every day I,
Sit on that rock and look at the sky…

I hate them for cutting down that tree :(

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
—Apple’s “Think Different” commercial, 1997
“Crazy people are considered mad by the rest of the society only because their intelligence isn't understood.”
― Weihui Zhou

I'm so happy too! ^u^ Can barely contain myself. (You're the best too). 

- Maya Angelou

Thank YOu Thank You Thank You! Haha... I don't know what I'd do if ya didn't read it.. You always make my day Mckay! LOl did you see what happened there...And Gosh I just had the brilliantest idea for a poem... You wait.. You're so gonna love this... And Thank YOu for that Good Luck too...Everyone need luck...all they can get :D   Yes, It sure is the best respite. I hope we don't tell eachother "you're the bester" and this goes on forever...would be kinda fun though but we both know now that we think the other person is the best LOL all that doesn't make any sense does it? Gosh I'm just so happy. Thank You. Good Night.

- Maya Angelou

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

I promise to never stop reading your work. You know I appreciate it also when you share your feedback for mine; I love doing it also with yours. And good luck—no wait—GOOD LUCK!!!! And poetry is the best escape or in this case respite from the craziness of this busy world. You too are the best!

- Maya Angelou

Yes, it was sad...And then we had to move which was sadder ..  :(( And you know it's always great to read your comments on my stuff! Don't ever stop coming here! And well no exams start from 7th May and will end 10th June..pretty crappy datesheet...last paper has 13 hols before it ....Right now I'm preparing just felt like escaping into this world for a while so quickly put up some stuff..... And Thank YOu ever so much! You're the best! Love, Saphira!

- Maya Angelou

Oh God!! Look at that AWFUL typo of mine!..... Well it's "tree" and not "three"....third to last line :(((

Mckay ELITE said...
Mckay ELITE, Somewhere, Virginia

― Weihui Zhou

How sad they cut down your respite. I wish I had a place like that, besides my room. It's so great to read something new from you, Saphira; it's been so long. I feel like the last time we spoke was ages ago. Haha. Hope your exams went well. A+? If not you get an A++ from me for this poem.