Clouds | Teen Ink

Clouds

By EternalMadness GOLD, Fresno, California
EternalMadness GOLD, Fresno, California

They say it's what you make
I say it's up to fate
It's woven in my soul
I need to let you go
Your eyes, they shine so bright
I want to save their light
I can't escape this now
Unless you show me how
When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It’s where my demons hide

She plays it off as though she's on the clouds but inside she's dying. she's screaming to be understood but her voice is silenced by the need to mask her pain with perfection. nobody knows who she really is, all the s*** she goes through all the mean words spoken that drive her to acts she later regrets. She sits alone as the flames grow inside her and around her. She cries herself to sleep and can't help but dream of a love like the one she once had though in her head shes certain it will never feel the same. And in her dreams she floats on clouds, they carry her away from here. to a place where nobody judges and she has no fears.

My friend is a photographer and a mother came in with a teen daughter to do senior pictures and the girl had her own ideas but the mother would'nt even acknowldge them and made herr get pictures on clouds. now the girl was like 18 and her arms were covered in scars and i pulled out my notebook and wrote

Shahiro PLATINUM, Johnston, Iowa

"Soon we must all choose between what is right and what is easy." - Dumbledore (Goblet of Fire)

very nice!! you know this poem is easy to relate to. great job. will u please check out my work?

dancing.inthe.rain GOLD, Bowling Green, Kentucky

"We all fear death and question our place in the universe. The artist's job is not to subcome to dispair, but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existance." -Gertrude Stein in the movie Midnight In Paris.

i really like this one :)