Pretty Broken | Teen Ink

Pretty Broken

By TryingToB BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
TryingToB BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

\"He pokes your ribs and says your thin beyond repair. You poke yourself in the ribs-all you feel is fat.\"

I had the urge to cry but I didn't know why. I wanted to lie and say I was fine thank you for being so kind. But me and you both knew the real reason for that lie. You and I screwed things up. I painted a pretty picture using your supplies, then you crumbled it into a broken structure. I sat alone that night crying. alone. Wishing and thinking you would come back but instantly I told myself not to believe that lie. I just didn't think that it would hurt this much in the end. C'est la vie! I told myself as I put on a brave face and picked up the broken peices. alone.

It's about all those girls out there who got their hearts destroyed by a boy; who never truly deserved them. :)

Basketball23 SILVER, Pine Grove, Pennsylvania

"I'm living in a shell with no soul" -Three Days Grace (World So Cold)
"Time still turns the pages of the book it's burned" -Avenged Sevenfold (So Far Away)

This is amazing!!!  I know what its like to get my heart ripped out, but it was one of the best days of my life, I realized later on.  But this poem is amazing and I love it!!! <3