Finding out the truth | Teen Ink

Finding out the truth

By Annaxoxo SILVER, Swampscott, Massachusetts
Annaxoxo SILVER, Swampscott, Massachusetts

Running from something that you know will beat you no matter what is useless... so why am i even trying? I know why I’m trying! What am i thinking? I have a wife a daughter and a new puppy waiting for me at home! I keep up the running, my heart beats loudly! I can’t stand it, but i keep it up. I run, and run, and run until my legs wont move. They abandon me at the worst of times. I collapse to the ground breathless. Looking behind me i see “it” gain speed... “it” is almost to me. “It” stops right before me and gives me a disgusting glare that i never in my life want to see again. Slowly the animal closes in on me and i begin to see my life flash before me............................... “and that was how it happened” I tell my friends. The sad thing was that we never really found out what killed my father. The only thing we know about his death is that he died last year on New years eve. The company he worked for wanted him to go in and take the night shift at the zoo. He was trying his hardest to convince them to find another person to take the night shift. He was trying to explain to them that, that was our night. Every new years eve my dad would take me out to see one of the new movies that premieres at 12:00 am. I never went to a movie that year. And that is why i will never go to the movie theater again on new years eve, this was our day! One of the only special days he takes off in a year. I wipe a tear from my eye and hope none of my friends notice my silence. I want so badly for him to be here now holding my hand in the theater at a scary part. Carly moves her sleeping bag closer to me so that she can try to cheer me up. “ Emma listen to me. Remember what you told me this morning? You said, don’t let me ruin the night with my wining. All i want to do is keep my mind off of that incident.” “Well its time to get your mind off that incident, ready girls? Its hair and make-up time! Carly said excitedly. Reluctantly i followed her instructions and i let her do my make-up. While Carly did my make-up Meg painted my nails and Molly did my hair. Molly is amazing at hair. When she grows up she wants to be a hair dresser. She took out the straitener and started to tame down those curls of mine. She took out products like non frizz spray or detangler spray etc.... soon enough they had finished me and it was time for the next girl, and so on and so on until every girl was primped up.

EHunt96 PLATINUM, Swampscott, Massachusetts

"Never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about."

Yah, I can't wait for you to see my other articles! They are not posted yet though..

thanks! i cant wait to see yourS!

Great job, Ansie!

Keep up the good work!

You are the best!!!! <3

Annaxoxo said...
thanks! i will post more soon!!!!

jenx0x3 DIAMOND, Swampscott, Massachusetts
awesome!! keep it up you should deff. write more and this is not a suggestion it's an order u have writing in your blood u r gonna be a writer like me so keep writing!!!