Nervous Speaker | Teen Ink

Nervous Speaker MAG

By Victaria GOLD, New Braunfels, Texas
Victaria GOLD, New Braunfels, Texas

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
-Dr. Seuss

He paces like a lion caged
Bares his teeth or growls
He waves his arms to frighten off
The unseen terror that in his mind prowls

Always looking for a place to run
Grips the wood with claws gone white
Or shuffles through papers of plans gone wrong
Hemming and hawing to get it right

I wrote this after taking a public speaking course.

Victaria GOLD said...
Victaria GOLD, New Braunfels, Texas

-Dr. Seuss

thanks :) you made my morning with all your comments

Victaria GOLD said...
Victaria GOLD, New Braunfels, Texas

-Dr. Seuss

i personally think the 'bares his teeth or growls' line is too short i would have liked it two syllables longer but this was one of those quick type poems where you type everything out as it comes and don't make any corrections 

btw thanks for the comment :)

SMWells PLATINUM, Carlisle, South Carolina

Some truths best left unspoken.

Nevermind what TuffGurl said. It dosn't need to be any longer. It's the mound of expresion in few words that make it good. Congragulations for getting it in the magizine!

TuffGurl said...
this is good! I just have two constructive criticism comments: 1, the line "the unseen terror that in his mind prowls" is a good line, but it seems to be too long to fit with the line that is its rhyming partner. It makes it a bit uneven. 2, the last stanza is amazing... but I really want the whole poem to be longer! That last line is so good, but it seems a bit unfinished, like it needs at least a line or a stanza after it. Overall it's a bit unfinished but is REALLY good. You're a much better poet than I am!