Gate to My Heart | Teen Ink

Gate to My Heart

By Hope_Princess BRONZE, Hebron, New Hampshire
Hope_Princess BRONZE, Hebron, New Hampshire

"Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible."

Creak, squeak
The rusty gate utters
A melody that's unique
And filled with silent prayers.

Releasing squeals of joy
When someone enters,
Emitting moans of woe
As someone departs.

Rusted from continuous tears,
Almost falling apart
As love disappears,
That is the gate to my heart.

This describes my heart and how with every entrance and departure it gets a little more rusted with pain. Eventually it will either fall apart or refuse to open, unless someone comes along to oil it with love.

yourlove-mywings SILVER, Yuma, Arizona

"Pay attention to yourselves! If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him, and if he sins against you seven times in the day, and turns to you seven times, saying, ‘I repent,’ you must forgive him.” Luke 17:3-4

i love it... it was really good.. that is kinda what happens to me.. i need someone to love me and never stop loving me and help me put back the pieces of my heart except keep one piece and put a piece of his to replace it. :-D

I appreciate your comment so much- thanks!

Bleh--I know. I was a very "new" writer that didn't apply the #1 rule "show don't tell" at that time. I would get rid of that author's comment...if I could.

Thanks again!

I may not write more poetry but I'll certianly keep writing! Thanks for the encouragement. :-D

dia.dreamer GOLD, Kochi, Other

"I saw an angel in the marble and carved until I set him free." - Michelangelo
"I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart: I am, I am, I am." - Sylvia Plath

I COMPLETELY agree with you. writing is the first and the last resort when your life is awesome/crazy.

dia.dreamer GOLD, Kochi, Other

oh, and keep writing!!!!! :)

dia.dreamer GOLD, Kochi, Other

I loved it!!! you did an amazing job!!! I wish you hadn't explained it in the author's comments, though. leave it for the readers to figure out. :)

-five stars-

the first stanza is my fave. :)

_Mags_ SILVER said...
_Mags_ SILVER, Somewhere, North Carolina

- I stare danger in the face and giggle
- Never argue with an idiot, people might not know the difference
-R.A.P (Retards Attempting Poetry)
-Tip Cologne ryhmes with alone

thats amazing, and really deep. this is the first thing i have red of yours and i already know you have amazing talent. btw-can you check out some of my stuff?

DeepSecrets said...
OH no problem, just don't be afraid to let it all out and just go crazy if you have too, just please, please don't stop writing. Life is crazy and you need to write in theses crazy times. You are so very welcome.

Thank you so much. You have no idea how much I needed to hear that. Life can be so...well, you know. Thanks a katrillion times!

DeepSecrets said...
Wow! thats good keep writing please. Don't stop expressing.

Jaquie BRONZE said...
Jaquie BRONZE, West Palm Beach, Florida

This is certainly one of my favorites: "I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes." -2 Samuel 6:22

This is... indredible. You are so talented! I really do love this.

Keep writing and God bless,

...,

Shells SILVER said...
Shells SILVER, Dixon, Wyoming

“The dye has been cast. The decision has been made. I have stepped over the line. I won’t look back, let up, slow down, or back away. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future secure. I’m done with low living, sight walking, small planning, colorless dreams, tamed visions, mundane talking, cheap living and dwarfed goals: I no longer need preeminence, prosperity, positions, promotions, or popularity. I don’t have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, live by prayer and labor with power. My face is set, my goal is Heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my Guide is reliable, my mission clear. I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won’t give up, shut up, let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, prayed up, paid up, and spoken up for the cause of Christ. I am a disciple of the lord Jesus Christ.” - African martyred for Christ.

I read this after posting a comment of my own, and I just had to say that you definitely don't stink at poetry, and if this is considered "stinking" (lol) at poetry...then I love poetry that stinks...ok, that was all just funny sounding...anyways, wonderful work! You are an amazing poet!

Awwww, thanks so much. I haven't had a comment like yours in a long time. Again, thanks!

Shells SILVER said...
Shells SILVER, Dixon, Wyoming

This poem is so beautiful! It deserves an amazing comment, but I just can't think of any other word but beautiful, and yet that doesn't even come close to describing how it truly has touched my own heart.

!Mandi! BRONZE said...
!Mandi! BRONZE, Fulton, Kentucky
very nice! :) its really good!

Awww, thanks so much. Haven't had a comment in a long time and it was such a pleasure to get one from you!! Thanks a ton, you rock!

Dreamer123 SILVER, Oviedo, Florida
This is such an awesome poem i love it 5 stars the gate to your heart is an awesome title i love this poem. God Bless!

annkaykay2011 DIAMOND, Lansing, Michigan

"I am who I am, sorry, no changes."

Its really good, it has its flow.

Keep it up =]

angiesan BRONZE, Stockholm, Other

Its better to ask and sound stupid than not to ask and stay that way

tihi, nosy is good :) , no I don't actually but when I read a good book I have a tendency to write a matching poem sometimes so this is the one I wrote after reading Jinx, by Meg Cabot :D , really, you're comments make me smile like an idiot every time :)

poetic_natural GOLD, Jefferson, Wisconsin

"you know you're in love because you can't fall asleep, because reality is finally better than your dreams"

this poem is very amazing and it really says alot, keep writing because this is truly magnificent

Thanks so much guys for your awesome comments, they really raise my heart up. I had always stunk at poetry and since this poem was my first ever poem, I thought that it wouldn't be good at all, but surprisingly tons of people like it. All I did was write my emotions on paper and it became a poem just like that. Thanks again!!