Eraser Smudged Heart | Teen Ink

Eraser Smudged Heart

By cheyenneduhon PLATINUM, Lumberton, Texas
cheyenneduhon PLATINUM, Lumberton, Texas

The pencil drawn heart,
Covered the page.
Inside she wrote,
His special name.

She showed him,
The heart.
And gave it to him,
With all her love.

He took it,
And told her the same.
But it wasnt long,
Until her heart was returned.

The eraser,
Smudged out his name,
But her heart will never be,
The same.

This was written for a friend who was in love with a jerk. Most people can relate to her pain.

sleeplessdreamer PLATINUM, Raleigh, North Carolina

"I have always wanted to write in such a way that people say, 'I have always thought that but never found the words for it.'" -anonymous

OOOOH!!!! I LOVE THIS ONE!!! The title immediately caught my eye and it didn't disappoint. NICELY DONE!!! Liked this a lot. 

But, as you may have expected by now, I do have one critique. You have got to work on the random commas in between all of your lines and sentences. That's all though. This was fabulous. Stunning. BRAVA!!!

I would love it if you could check out some of my work too... if you ever get the chance. :)

Thanks!! I will & i will b honest dont worry!! Look for my comments!!!

jennee21_ann GOLD, Helper, Utah

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul....wisdom is better than silver or gold."

"You can always close a book, but you can never close the mind of a writer."

doesn't this happen to everyone!? wow, it's such a great poem :) so much truth and love in this small poem. the title is very creative, and the last stanza is also my very favorite :) bravo! check out some of my work if you could, id love your opinion. oh and keep writing ;)

Thank you!!

LegacyPen BRONZE, Hudson, Massachusetts

(my continued bio) Infinity, or Destiny of Infinity on here, is a total of 82,860 word count. I am in the editing process.

I will definately be writing a sequel; I just need to think a bit more about the plot and type it ;) I'll let you know when I post it on Teen Ink!

oh trust me it is no problem!! I loved your story!!! It caught my eye bcuz i want an emerald ring SOO bad!!! But i loved your story and hope you keep writing (especially a sequel to the Emerald Ring!)

LegacyPen BRONZE, Hudson, Massachusetts

This poem is so true! It really portrays one side of love; the broken-heart one, that is. Good job! Oh yeah, thanks for commenting on my article a while back! :D

Returning the favor to you!

booksarelife4me SILVER, Lutherville, Maryland

"Forgive and Forget and Never Regret."~A old friend

Wow I really like this! It's really cute and sweet. Nice work. I keep reading it over and over.

SilverDawn GOLD, Burnaby, Other
oh my gawsh. such a great poem!! i love love love the last stanza. aghh, i hafta read it over and over 'cuz the words... pure awesome. original. lovable :)