My Name | Teen Ink

My Name

By 5rothmeier BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
5rothmeier BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Standing Against the Odds

Winning the lottery. Becoming a billionaire. Being born. You see, I was never supposed to be born; none of us were. My brothers and I were against all odds. My parents were told that they were unable to have children, yet here I am. The thing was the chances of me being me was about one percent that’s excluding the other variable of the 1 in 400,000,000,000,000 of being born for anybody.

If you think about that, all odds were against me being brought into this world. It was almost like the world knew that I would be different. I was born to have an impact. I had a higher purpose in this world to show that the impossible could be done. 

There is a saying and it goes something like this “It’s only impossible till somebody achieves it.” I believe that person is me. My father would’ve never thought he would be able to have children. So once he heard word that I would be brought into this world in 9 months, the name came right to him. 

Christian seemed to be the perfect name for his newborn. He was always a religious man, and God seemed to have finally answered his prayers by allowing him to have a child. It only seemed right if he set his son on that path, a path to follow the same God that gave his son life and him a gift. 

My name means “A follower of Christ” in every language. Doesn’t matter how many times I look it up it will always be the same. It seems that the name is very fitting due to my pursuit of God. The odds always seemed to stack against me; however, I always kept proving everyone wrong. Against the odds, against the chances, I’m still here.

I am student at Arrowhead