I Remember Poem | Teen Ink

I Remember Poem

3 Hearts In 1
I remember my vacation to UK, Germany, and UAE almost five summers ago
I remember the butterflies in my stomach that I began feeling months before the trip
I remember jittering with excitement when it was time to go
I remember feeling a little nauseous on the plane as if I were on a ship
I remember vibing on the plane as my song list on my phone continued to grow
I remember having my foot out in the walkway as if I wanted the flight attendant to trip I remember sleeping with my head in the window, feeling the sun glow
I remember hearing the wheels of the plane rubbing with the ground when the plane landed I remember feeling the cool breeze in London, in the middle of July
I remember seeing the Big Ben, so many tourists it attracted
I remember seeing a cloudy sky
I remember walking through the city, seeing so many buildings that were well-constructed
I remember thinking to myself that visiting Germany would not be very fun I remember tasting an authentic hot dog
I remember seeing a beautiful day every morning to go for a run
I remember riding a roller coaster which had me sit on a log
I remember visiting a museum and only being interested in the statue of a soldier with a gun I remember seeing the bright sun cover my view from the top of my hotel window, like a fog
I remember driving an ATV in the middle of the desert in UAE
I remember my feet burning like the red light of the setting sun, while walking on the hot sand I remember swimming in the cool hotel swimming pool on a scorching hot summer day
I remember the inside of the hotel having a smell like a very expensive perfume
I remember feeling a very bitter taste in my mouth when I tried non-alcoholic beer for the very first time
I remember seeing the Burj Khalifa towering over me and an entire crowd of tourists
I remember that I went to three countries in one three-week-long trip
I remember all of the memories that I created with my family on this vacation I remember this vacation like it was yesterday
I remember this vacation as ‘3 Hearts In 1’

Shaan is a senior at the East West School of International Studies. He was born and raised in Queens, New York. After high school, he plans to go to college and study criminal law and criminology to become an FBI Agent. At the moment, he is putting in a lot of hard work and effort to earn good grades in high school and be able to get accepted into either Queens College or ST John’s College.
His hobbies are working out, kickboxing, playing video games, camping, and traveling. Being someone who travels a lot, he dreams of traveling to France, Italy, Hawaii, and Turkey for vacations. His top three favorite foods are pizza, steak, and hamburgers. Although school is stressful, he still understands that an education is important for any good career. This mindset allowed him to get two Spotlight Student Awards, a STEM Problem Solving Award, and a Student Autonomy Award at East West. Many may not consider these to be huge accomplishments but he still gives credit to himself for graduating from elementary school and middle school. He despises taking exams for any class. Shaan lives with his parents and grandmother in Flushing, New York.