The Peacemaker | Teen Ink

The Peacemaker

By Legend123 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
Legend123 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Joshua. Peacefulness. It rushes through your body. The name feels like you are lying in tall grass staring into the sky. No worries. The Wind blowing. Rustling through the grass. Silent, but somehow loud. A peaceful type of loud.

Joshua. The leader of the Israelite tribe after the death of Moses. He was devoted to making the best for the future. Willing to take risks for his people. Described as strong. Even optimistic. Bringing many who believed all was lost, to hope and belief.

Joshua. Doing something good for others. That's me. I want to do something good in my life. Leave a mark when I'm gone. I want to bring peace. Joshua did this. And so will I.

Joshua. Meaning God who Saves. God who delivers. In Spanish, meaning religious leader. Who is to say what a leader is? Maybe being a leader to one is better than being a leader to many. Being a leader is what I strive for. 

Joshua. Feels soft. Like silicon. A rough rubbery feeling. With an addictive quality. The feeling of silicon is just. Satisfaction. That's what I want. That is satisfactory. The feeling of winning. Being successful. Knowing a job was well done brings me peace.

Joshua. Looking into a ghost town. Empty. Silent. A place that was once thriving. Dead. But somehow. Still feels alive. The mountains behind. The tips cut off by the clouds drifting. Carelessly. Peacefully.

Joshua. A name I’ll keep. The name is what I love. What I want my name to be attached to. To mean. I hope that others feel the same. Leadership and peace. Bringing people to come together as a community. Bringing  people hope and belief.