Goodbye | Teen Ink

Goodbye

April 29, 2009
By *LunaNight* GOLD, Staten Island, New York
*LunaNight* GOLD, Staten Island, New York
12 articles 0 photos 46 comments

I am dark. I am a monster. I am hungery, and can no longer make it any farther. Starving for pain, just so I can express emotion. I have no future, don’t have a notion. Don’t try to help me, because I will take you down too. You will become in-sane, and I don’t want that to happen to you. I can no longer breath. The air is trapped outside of my lungs. I can no longer see, for I am blinded by the sun. I have no religion. No Idol to pray to. I only have me, and no one to pray for. I roam the Earth, like a shadow in an alley. I walk down a corridor, nobody has seen me. I hide in plain sight. You are oblivious to who I am. I never learned to walk, I only ran. Running from my fears was the hardest thing I had to do. But what I regretted most was running away from you. I couldn’t risk hurting you, or keeping you with me. That would be a selfish thing to do, for you had a dream. You wanted to make a difference in our world. I wanted to hide, my thoughts in a twirl. All I do is right about you. I hope you know its me, and am not asking ‘who?’ I prey in the night. Play dirty in a fight. You have unconditional love. I now set you free, so you can fly like a dove. don’t follow me, thinking you can save me. For it is too late. I know my own destiny. I am afraid of my own fate. I carved my life, and now it is set in stone. I feel the pain coming in, aching my bones. I am dizzy now, and can no longer feel a thing. I got to go now, but there is just one thing. I never meant to hurt you. Sorry for the lies. I only wanted to love you, and never to say goodbye. But I am a bad person, nobody to rely on. I am the person you should hate. I am the person to throw fire on. Please don’t love me, even if I love you. Please don’t follow me. Because I don’t want you to get hurt too. Now, goodbye forever, I’m never looking back. All I got with me, is some water, and a sack. I will make it through life, even if I have to kill. Just don’t make the same mistakes I did, you have a strong will. This letter was for answers, cause I know you needed them. I will miss you always, but for now, this is the end.


The author's comments:
This didnt happen physically to me, but emotionally, yes. i felt lost, but i was able to find my way home.