Invisible | Teen Ink

Invisible

April 23, 2009
By snc947 GOLD, Swansboro, North Carolina
snc947 GOLD, Swansboro, North Carolina
15 articles 10 photos 40 comments

There you go. Walking down the hall way again. Crowded with other students who push and shove their way through one another. I watch as you walk away. Counting your foot steps. Seeing how long it will take for you to get to your next class. I walk the opposite direction; wondering if your thinking of me. Maybe, if you remembered how I stuttered over the words in a book in front of the class. Stage fright isn't my best quality. But still apart of me. My classes go by in a blur. I catch glimpses of you in the hallway. Trying to find the courage to talk to you. To get to know you. But I stay silent. Not wishing to draw attention to myself, to accidentally let something slip up in my role of invisiblity. Something I have learned is easy to do and now have it down to an art. When I hang out with my friends I catch you taking glimpses of me. Maybe. Or maybe I'm just deluting myself with my imagination that you like me. I wonder what he's thinking. When he makes a certain facial expression. When his friends say something. Something about me. He says we're just friends. Which is true. Because to him, I'm invisible.