Eyes | Teen Ink

Eyes

By poetrymaker0118 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
poetrymaker0118 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

My families eyes replicate the four seasons. Dad’s eyes are the summer—his wide and like tropical pools of turquoise water; summer days filled with happiness and giddie excitement. His eyes are much like a child, bright and full of life. Annie’s eyes mimic Dad’s; they’re the same shade. Annie’s eyes are joy—like a double scoop of Blue Moon ice cream on a sugar cone.

Mom’s eyes are autumn— hues of fallen leaves swirled with caramel and green apple. Her eyes light up like a flame in a fire on a cold fall night when she talks about her passions and ambitions. Mom’s eyes hide behind a pair of beige glasses but the hazel color reflects past the lense. Amber’s eyes reflect a similar shade to our mother with hints of reddish orange as reflected in her name. Brown like chocolate with a twist of burnt orange, like apple cider. Amber’s eyes are a cup of hot cinnamon- citrus swirl tea.

Justin’s eyes are the winter- blue like dad’s, but a different shade. His eyes are icy, icy like the reflection of lake water that’s frosted over. His eyes hold deep emotions that are kept inside to freeze and only certain people can thaw them.

Kyla’s eyes are the spring- olive tones that blossom like flowers and leaves on trees. Her green eyes fill the void of the  icy winter. Her eyes scream new beginnings.

My families eyes are special. Each pair carries deep tones and shades that remind me of the seasons.