Those Who Dance Have Almost No Life | Teen Ink

Those Who Dance Have Almost No Life

By ShrimpyBB SILVER, Gresham, Oregon
ShrimpyBB SILVER, Gresham, Oregon

"I was being fasitious!"

Those who dance have almost no life. Their busy schedules are full of school, dance, eat, dance, sleep, repeat. Weekends could get worse, because you would have dance in the morning and at night. No time for friends.
Dancers...do they really get time for hanging out with their buddies? If a school project was due, or you had to go to an important event instead of dance, your instructor would act like you haven't been to any classes so far.
On top of our added stress, we get all the insanity from our non-dancing friends. They want to hang out, but its, "I can't, I have dance." Or, they'll say, "If you have such a busy schedule, why don't you just quit?" Nobody understands that this art, this SPORT, is something that we dancers can't just quit.

This was the first opinion piece that I have written for Teen Ink. I thought I should explain more that dancers don't get as much slack as people who play other sports. I hope you enjoy this, and understand the insanity of our non-lives.

swim4ever SILVER, Carol Stream, Illinois

"you can throw in the towel or you can use it to wipe the sweat off your face"
"no one ever drown in their own sweat"

Well this girl could be more dedicated to dance then you are so it might be different for you.

SpringRayyn PLATINUM, Lakeville, Minnesota

"Don't punish yourself," she heard her say again, but there would be punishment and pain, and there would be happiness too. That was writing."
--Markus Zusak, "The Book Thief"

Dancing is a real sport that, like figure skating, could also require early days and late nights. Depending on how dedicated you are.

shirtay said...
This article “Those Who Dance Have Almost No Life” is not true. If you dance usually it is more than one class a day. This means that you usually have at least one or two free days. Also, on the weekends, not everyone has dance. For example, I don’t normally have dance on the weekends. Secondly, there is always time for school work and friends. For example, I have sleepovers almost every weekend and hang out with my friends all the time. Having a busy schedule can help you manage your time wisely so I can get projects done in a reasonable amount of time. Thirdly, if you miss one class the instructor will let it slide as long as you get caught up on what you missed. Dance, in my opinion, doesn’t add on to my stress, it helps me relieve it. In conclusion this is why I disagree with this article.

"no one ever drown in their own sweat"

It sound like my life only I Am a swimmer no one gets that swimming is a real SPORt that requires early mornings and late night and no weekends

Thanks YOu did a great job

Babygurl_101 SILVER, N/A, California

"Angels are the quiet girls that just havent been noticed yet"
"The past is the past, and i am your futuer." (<3<3<3<3<3)

this was really good, and i enjoyed reading it!!! good job :)

Sunshineyday said...
interesting. from what i understand, formal training in dancing is an art that takes tons of practice, unparralled with other sports. for example, in basketball, you learn the basics, and then tune your talent in those skills. but in dancing aren't you supposed to continually learn new routines, which I assume take alot of rehearsal to perfect? plus anything with performance is not only doing the moves in order, but making it look good. I have alot of resepct for dancers. though it's not a convential 'sport' , it is a kinesthetic art form that should be resepected for all the effort behind it.

ShrimpyBB SILVER, Gresham, Oregon

"I was being fasitious!"

thanks buddy!!!

. said...
hey bb!!! U did good 4 ur first article!!!!! keep up da good work!