Tell Me | Teen Ink

Tell Me

January 23, 2010
By YouthfulLight SILVER, Forest Park, Illinois
YouthfulLight SILVER, Forest Park, Illinois
5 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
Whoever says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain


Look out your window.
Most likely you see a tree. A tree that has rings to determine its age. A living structure whose leaves fall off in Autumn so it can prepare for winter and grow right back in spring. A tree that can live for hundreds of years on end. A tree that provides oxygen and homes.

Tell me they happened by chance.

Look up at the sky.
There are clouds. White, fluffy clouds that are actually thousands of water droplets sitting in the sky. Part of an endless cycle that is very complex and precise, using heat to pull the water from the ground and using the atmosphere to hold it in the air. It comes down when it has to and comes up when its needed.

Tell me it was just a coincidence.

Look in the mirror.
You are made up of DNA, a structure so complex it would take 7 900-page volumes to describe a fraction of it. Your brain can hold information to such capacities I can't even partially describe. There are billions of people in the world and none of them look exactly like you.

Tell me that we just poofed into existance.

Tell me we were just accidents.

Tell me that there is no Creator who made us.

Tell me.


The author's comments:
It's impossible for us to have just come out of nowhere and I believe that God Himself gave me these words to share with you.