Religion......is it worth losing the one you love? | Teen Ink

Religion......is it worth losing the one you love?

January 13, 2010
By dark_roses14 PLATINUM, Mazon, Illinois
dark_roses14 PLATINUM, Mazon, Illinois
20 articles 0 photos 164 comments

Favorite Quote:
play the music, turn it up loud, dance around, and drown out reality


What religion are you? Catholic, Christian, Islamic, Lutheran, Wiccan? Does it really matter?
You may meet a Jewish person and befriend them. Then you may meet a Christian who doesn't like Jewish people. Do you befriend them because you don't care about their religion?
What if you meet a girl and date her? You've been with me for 2 years and you've told me that you love me. You ask me if I'd go to church with you because your family is Catholic. I say I can't and of course you ask why. I say I practice Wiccan and don't go to church. You're in awe. You know Wiccan is witchcraft. You become scared that I might curse you if you make me mad. I tell you you're being ridiculous. Religion shouldn't matter if you love someone for who they are. You decide to tell your parents and they freak. They tell you, your not allowed to see me anymore. You run to your room and call me. I answer in tears, and you tell me what happened. I cry harder and says that your parents are cruel and so are you. I hang up on you and you put the phone down slowly. You can't believe what happened. You just lost the one you truely loved all because of religion. You see me the next day at school and tell me that you still love me and that I was right. You shouldn't judge someone based on religion. So you kiss me and ask if you can ever make it up to me. I say you can buy me dinner.



Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 39 comments.


KellyR GOLD said...
on Nov. 12 2010 at 12:23 pm
KellyR GOLD, Richmond, Virginia
14 articles 0 photos 258 comments

Favorite Quote:
We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.

I think you have a good concept going here, but I think you need to work on your writing tactics a bit more.

on Oct. 13 2010 at 1:29 pm
dark_roses14 PLATINUM, Mazon, Illinois
20 articles 0 photos 164 comments

Favorite Quote:
play the music, turn it up loud, dance around, and drown out reality

vampireX and trinity, i completely agree with your "no judging" idea. i am in fact two religions. so many ppl say you cant be two religions, but i say, why not? i'm both Wiccan and Christian. I grew up Wiccan and just added Christianity. a friend talked to me for a long time about his views on Christianity, and i agreed with them. but i also didn't want  to give up my Wicca beliefs. so, i am both Wiccan and Christian

TrinityCreed said...
on Oct. 12 2010 at 8:34 am
You couldn't have said that better. I'm gonna say it once and, I'll say it again: "We need to tolerate another person's veiw about religion." I'm so sick of people debating about this so called war we have over religion. Let people be! Let them worship who ever they want to worship. The end result is the Surpreme Deity/Deities. 

VampireX GOLD said...
on Oct. 4 2010 at 9:11 am
VampireX GOLD, Spotsylvania, Virginia
18 articles 0 photos 81 comments
I agree this whole religion war is BS. I use to think mabye Christianity isn't for me, but after some soul searching I do believe in Christianity. I like the Wicca religion as well, I did some studying, and the phrase "Your Bible dissapears in the rain and wind, our bible is the rain and wind." really expressed them.

TrinityCreed said...
on Oct. 4 2010 at 9:07 am
You know what, I'm adding my two cents to this debate. I personal think that there is no problem to respecting another's belief. I will admit I'm a born-again Christian, but I respect another person's veiw. In plain terms: I can tolerate other religions. I was always told by my mom "Who are we to judge another person by their faith?" We are not to; the end result is: we do believe in a Surpreme Deity/ Deities. 

on Aug. 6 2010 at 6:48 pm
dark_roses14 PLATINUM, Mazon, Illinois
20 articles 0 photos 164 comments

Favorite Quote:
play the music, turn it up loud, dance around, and drown out reality

devil worshiping? i didnt say anything about devil worshiping

JessJanks said...
on Jul. 2 2010 at 6:22 pm
I'm Catholic who just graduated from a high school dominated by evangelical and protestant students and teachers. I have lots of students from across the spectrum of denominations but I don't change my views on certain things just because I know my protestant friends think differently. I hope they would respect my opinion just like I would respect theirs, even if we disagreed.

Littlebit said...
on Jul. 2 2010 at 4:07 pm
Devil worshiping? I prefer worshiping God. The devil didn't create me.

on Jul. 2 2010 at 2:12 pm
Nuclearnerd BRONZE, North Adams, Massachusetts
4 articles 6 photos 26 comments

Favorite Quote:
You won't know until you find out!

I understand what you're saying here. I hope that someday in the future, people can except each other for the kind of person and not their faith. I'm actually an atheist myself, and my family (not my parents) is made up of mostly catholics. I'm am on good terms with all of them. I have a Christian friend (who doesn't actually go to church) and a Buddhist friend  from Thailand and none of us really care what religion the other is. I just want people to get along, regardless of what they believe in.   

on Jun. 10 2010 at 9:13 pm
GinryuStargazer BRONZE, N/A, Minnesota
2 articles 0 photos 27 comments

Favorite Quote:
This world is just a battleground for ideals.

Christianity, never fit out fro me. Now I was shunned by my parents. I am a mixture of every religion, thoguh I say my base is Pagan since the olnly god I believe in for sure is Gaia (the personification for the earth)

on Apr. 30 2010 at 9:37 am
dark_roses14 PLATINUM, Mazon, Illinois
20 articles 0 photos 164 comments

Favorite Quote:
play the music, turn it up loud, dance around, and drown out reality

it did happen, not exactly the same way, but something like it

on Apr. 27 2010 at 1:54 pm
sierra_nicole13 GOLD, Corpus Christi, Texas
15 articles 0 photos 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
It may be hard now, but in the end everything will be perfect.

Yeah. I understand completely where this always comes into play. But just because of our own familys beliefs, we shouldn't be just like them in thast way. Sure they play this huge role in our lives of teach waht is right. but how can a silly thing like religion play such a huge part. No one knows for sure what happened when earth started or if there really is a all higher power. But I am sorry. This sounds like an actual experience that occured to you. Even if not, to anyonet his happens to, remember love concurs all and beliefs are just a small thing some must just look over if it truly is love. 

on Apr. 10 2010 at 9:46 pm
dark_roses14 PLATINUM, Mazon, Illinois
20 articles 0 photos 164 comments

Favorite Quote:
play the music, turn it up loud, dance around, and drown out reality

haha, yay!!!! and thats really cool! i think thats great that you volunteer

on Apr. 9 2010 at 6:04 pm
Jenna4Jesus BRONZE, New Brunswick, North Carolina
4 articles 0 photos 65 comments
Oh, im sorry to hear that~I'll be your friend!:)  hahas, I used to love Vacation Bible School. Now i teach as a teenage counselor during that one week. :)

on Apr. 9 2010 at 11:46 am
dark_roses14 PLATINUM, Mazon, Illinois
20 articles 0 photos 164 comments

Favorite Quote:
play the music, turn it up loud, dance around, and drown out reality

oh no it doesnt at all! lol im glad you can see what i was trying to get across to some people. im actually Wiccan and not a lot of people like me because of it. i did lose a few boyfriends that had become my very best friends. but they dumped me when i said id never gone to church and didnt really plan on it. my family is a big mix of different religions. i have gone to church now, but it was Vacation Bible School over the summer

on Apr. 4 2010 at 4:44 pm
Jenna4Jesus BRONZE, New Brunswick, North Carolina
4 articles 0 photos 65 comments
I don't know. I'm a Christian and I have many friends of many different religious backrounds. Of course I love them so i want them to have the joy that I have but Christianity is a free gift, and I cant and wouldnt force anyone to accept it. I don't think that Christians who truely understand Christianity would reject anyone of any backround since our God is the God of love and grace. I'm so sorry if it sounds like I'm preaching or anything!) :]

Jaida BRONZE said...
on Jan. 19 2010 at 6:53 pm
Jaida BRONZE, Cairo, Florida
2 articles 0 photos 15 comments

Favorite Quote:
if theres a will ,, theres a way (:

i agree:) but i hoped that it was this easy in my society .. islamics cant marry christians whteva we did and the opposite way round and i cant help it we simply love people for their personality not for their religion