Don't expect me to back off. | Teen Ink

Don't expect me to back off.

By j221rejoice BRONZE, Kalamazoo, Michigan
j221rejoice BRONZE, Kalamazoo, Michigan

"He will heal all of your diseases" - Psalm 103:3

I know the things we face in this world can be very temporary. What you defend one day can be what you discriminate against the next day.
Ever heard, "They were my favorite band last week, but now I like this new band."? Nothing here, in the now, nothing tangible can be kept. In time, death will separate you from the things you love and the things you love, from you. Everything is prone to rust away and mold over until there is nothing left. Then, what remains?

"Is there a life after this one?" you might ask.
I will say it today, I will say it tomorrow, I will say it until the day I die. Jesus is the King of all and He has prepared the greatest gift EVER for us.
And I'm not backing off.
Society, media, government, they try to silence us. Christians are good for excessively volunteering and judging everyone. Well, I don't know about you, but I don't wanna be a good little Christian. I reach beyond the limits that the world gives me, I break the rule of separation of church and state frequently in school, and I don't know the meaning of "shut up". So don't expect me to back off.

Though your loves may be temporary, mine are not, and I will never let go. So though you may hope to silence me, you can't. I have Jesus on my side and He will never leave my side, so I will never quit being His follower.
And I love it this way.

teacat749 BRONZE, Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin

We do not quit playing because we grow old. We grow old because we quit playing.
-Oliver Wendell Holmes

Maybe THIS is why people are leaving your religion in droves. Who wants to be told by some Jesus Fanatic (and I use the term affectionately) that "I WILL NOT BACK OFF"? I appreciate your dedication to your religion, but it is people like you that pushes all the others away.

Of course, I don't know what you are like personally, I'm just basing this opinion off of what I've just read.

Thanks,

A Wiccan