Does Christianity = Hypocrisy? | Teen Ink

Does Christianity = Hypocrisy?

A lot of people that don't believe in God get really angry at Christians when they talk about God. A lot of people say that us Christians are just a bunch of self- righteous hypocrites. Unfortunately, a lot of us are. But not all of us. Yeah, Christians make mistakes too. And a lot of times, Christians will judge others for the same things they themselves do. But that doesn't mean God is like that- it just means that they are not representing Him well- they're making God look bad, which is a lot of the reason people don't like Christians. They think that we're all like that.

Really, God called us to love others. That's what being a Christian is all about- being like Jesus Christ, and He was all about love. Unfortunately, oftentimes we fail to love others. But we're not perfect either.

It's true, we have no right to judge others. God even says in the Bible that we are not to judge others, but to love them. It doesn't mean we necessarily agree with what they believe or the wrong things they do, but we have to understand that we too are imperfect, and love them.
I want to apologize to any of you that don't believe in God on behalf of any other Christians that have judged you. But please, don't completely close off your mind to God because of Christians that have misrepresented Him.

Sassafrax BRONZE, Naperville, Illinois

It's ok if you don't listen to me, wel'll just see if you do after your spine's been shoved up a tree trunk. :)

i think that back then, when worshiping God was the center of their world, christians were a bit of a hypocrite, seeing all the people they killed, stuff like that.

Today however, a lot of the churches are rethinking the religion and really treating it as, like a social gathering like football only it's religion. It's all about making friends and things like that. it's only the ones who take it too seriously (think Carrie's mother) that turns it sour