discussing my religion | Teen Ink

discussing my religion

By Dynasty GOLD, Rio Grande, Ohio
Dynasty GOLD, Rio Grande, Ohio

its very strange how much people seem to dislike christianity. Alot people think christians are so high and mighty and laugh at us for believing in God. but would they laugh at a buddast or wiccan. i think not. alot of people want to teach tolerance but nobody seems to be able to tolerate my religion. someone once said we run the government because gay marriage is illegal. its not a christians fault that more people voted against gay marriage than for it. i dont understand why so many peopple disapprove of my religion and its painful to know that.

DicipleofChrist BRONZE, Eaton, Colorado
I believe that the Church of Christ as a whole is broken, and has gained a bad name. For the Christians not guilty of this, persay, it may be hard, because of this name placed on everyone who declares the name of Christ. People will attack you your whole life. They'll ridicule you and misjudge your thoughts and attentions. What would we do without the Holy Spirit to help us through life. Keep fighting the good fight, Dynasty!

Dynasty GOLD said...
Dynasty GOLD, Rio Grande, Ohio
i respect your comment but i personally do not trash non-believers i try to understand them and i do not ridiclue any other religion and laughing is not ridiculeing laughing is disrespect ridicule is complete rejection and most christian do not yell at people to accept anything they request that they do people have a choice and no one should be upset because christians feel they are living the right way and are happy and they want to share that.

Shambler92 PLATINUM, Buenos Aires, Other
couldn't agree more with you.

Persona BRONZE said...
Persona BRONZE, Hanford, California
Not laugh at Wiccans? Er, I'm sorry, but your thoughts are wrong. Wiccans, in most circles I've been in, is one of the more ridiculed beliefs. Most don't attack Buddhists though, true. Why? Because Buddhists don't attack us. Many Christians, on the other hand, feel the need to talk trash about non-believers or even "feel sorry" for us with a high and mighty superiority complex. Buddhists don't get on the television, radio, or soapbox, to yell at people to accept their beliefs and to chastise those who think differently than their organization. Most attacks on Christianity are a self defense mechanism, because many Christians don't have a "live and let live" attitude. And, excuse me? It not a Christians fault that more people voted to oppress and discriminate against a group? It is when that Christian voted and helped support said act. If you hadn't noticed(which, I wouldn't be surprised if you did, because so many Christians go on and on about how they're persecuted) Christians are the majority in this nation. It's surprising that a Christian based ideology succeeded? Not really. Sorry we don't want teachers discriminating against students by leading them in prayer. You can pray, but some Christians don't feel that's it's necessary to allow us not to. Sorry that some people dislike those a religion that cannot seem to accept that others do not wish to follow the laws of their religion. As for me, I'm a former Christian. I don't hate Christianity. In fact, the majority of my friends are Christian. I don't hate them. As for Christ , good guy, he wasn't a hateful character at all. But, I'm fairly sure he wouldn't approve of a picket sign proclaiming "God hates facts" while he proclaims that the greatest gift your deity has given us is love and that his apostles proclaimed he "loves the world". Is it so strange that the world does not admire hypocrisy? Try having some empathy. Look through another person's eyes.

ReflectionsofYou GOLD, Mason, Tennessee
I know what you mean. I think it's just because we're all human. Most don't know any better. And neither do we, it's just human nature to judge. It's almost pethic. And i'm guilty of it too. Just stick to your beliefs God can tell you more about it than I can:]