If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell? | Teen Ink

If You Are Not Christian Why Would You Go To Hell?

By Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee
Ally_Yang PLATINUM, Smyrna, Tennessee

I think that even if you are not christian,you will make it in heaven! How do we know if what the bible says is true? We don't really have a reliable source for that. And just because you are not a follower does not? mean you are not his children.If God truly created us equally, in some way, why would there need to be a reason for going to hell or to heaven? In god's eyes we are his children,and nothing can change that.You shouldn't always trust something you read. I mean how do we know that they are hiding the truth from us with this bible?? How do we know it's not all made up?

I was answering a question on Youtube about this particular topic. It kind of raged me into writing this.

BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you was beyond my control."

Life is about choosing which cup you want. Hopefully, maybe there is no separate. Maybe everyone's path leads there, and the ultimate goal of life is to understand that diversity, even in religion, will not be punished but encouraged. Maybe That is men's true sin, to not allow diversity. Maybe that is the path God wants us to discover, how to live with one another and celebrate our different viewpoints. Diversity can bring chaos only because men have not trully accpeted how to live with people who are not exactly as they are. That is what I think we should be working towards. We're getting much closer, if you look at the course of history. Once we get comfortable, a new idea is thrown at us and then we must figure out how to live with it. 

BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

And equally, if there is no God, or the bible is not the truth, it wouldn't change just because you can't acknowledge it. The possibility is equal on both sides. If the bible is true, then your opinion shouldn't change just because people don't like it. If you absolutely believe it to be true, then follow it, but there are those who absolutely believe it to be false. They both have credible reasons, considering that the bible wasn't even written in English (the language we are speaking now), it was translated. Could the translators have been wrong about even a minor detail? If they were, that could discredit all the versions, as then they wouldn't be the true word of God and for hundreds of years we've been mass producing a book that only fits the version of what is true and untrue to one group of people (Christians).

And the argument that Christianity's popularity has to do with it's credibility can be swayed too. When people's feelings are involved, especially their fear of the unknown or their fear of pain, they can be talked into anything.

BlueRain BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

Though it is not mentioned at all in the bible that I have (whoever keeps re-writing it is either trying to confuse us on what acutally happened or they love putting their own stories into a book that many people take seriously), I am aware of that supposedly God created hell after he created heaven and earth but BEFORE he made man. Now, why would he do that? That would mean God would have known ahead of time that we were going to sin... but if he's God, if he loved us and didn't want to see us suffer in hell, he would have created us at least with less inclinations to follow "evil". He basically created hell before he made the people who would end up there.

Think about it. You don't give a baby a gun, and tell them not to use it or they'll get in serious trouble. The baby doesn't understand what the gun does, or even that it's bad, but you gave it to them, probably someone they've acknowledged as a trusted friend or parent. Why should they fear you or what you give them? If that baby ends up hurting themselves or others, then it is your fault, because it was you who gave them the gun when they were obviously too ignorant to know anything. You don't give weapons to stupid people. If in God's eyes we are stupider than sheep, why would you give them the means to cause harm? It sounds like he sets up tests that he knows we will fail. He knew we would sin (yes, he did, because if God is the past, present, and future, he should know the best path then), he knew that if Adam and Eve would eat from the tree of knowledge and so on, yet he seemed surprised when they did. He asks Why? Because you created them that way! Even the snake! I thought all creatures you made were good?

greenbean_94 SILVER, Somerville, Tennessee

"Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

A parent and a child is a good example. If a child misbehaves, you punish him, not because you want to or because you're heartless, but because it will teach them not to do it again. You love the child and want to protect he/she, which is why you parents punish children when they do wrong. The same is true with God: He loved us so much that he sent his son to die for us that we may be spared from death. But, since God is so loving, he gave us the choice to accept his gift or reject it. If you reject it, the result is eternity in Hell. If you accept it, it is eternal life in heaven, with God.

LivingforGodsince2003, BRONZE, Cumberland Furnace, Tennessee
God does love everyone, that's why He sent His Son to die for us, but we must accept His gift. If we don't, we are still in our sins, and must be punished for them. I'm praying for you.

Wiley BRONZE said...
Wiley BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania

I'm icey.

I think anyone can go to heaven really, as long as they believe there is a god, and a heaven and a hell. As long as you do the right things. I don't believe any specific god, because really.. how're we supposed to know what to believe? We don't know anything.

crystal said...
true i agrre with him and if you want to know if the bible is tru than ask God he wont lie just do it with faith.God dosent want us to go to hell but is our choice i belive in the bible and in the bible it tells su how to dress talk and ect. it tells us the good and bad and if ou do the bad thing than you will go to hell think of these if there is a drunck men do you think he is going to heaven,or a smocker?no he saddly wont bc he is not doing what God want

peace_love_beauty PLATINUM, Florien, Louisiana

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalms 23:4

Agreed. He is like a father who loves his children but still punishes them

thejesusfreak SILVER, Bradenton, Florida

"ok so your hated... so what? Embrace it! you are who you are and dont forget it."

I'll explain. Yes his love is unconditional.and yes he is our father. But, he is also a judge and a righteous judge will do his job well and according to the rules, even if it's his own children.

The_Earl_of_Zerces PLATINUM, Waukesha, Wisconsin

"Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."
-Sigmund Freud

Says who? Says you? Says the one who is playing by the rules of Scrabble? Are Scrabble and Monopoly really that different in the end? Sure, they both have different pieces and objectives and even rules, but in the end they're both equally capable of achieving fun and entertainment. Like with religions, they're all different, but in the end, they're all capable of achieving self-actualization, which is what every human hopes to attain, whether through organized religion, internal intuition, empirical reasoning, or just sheer dumb luck. Though Scrabble and Monopoly are two different games, just because some one is playing a different game than you doesn't necessarily mean that they're playing the wrong game. And it doesn't mean that you're playing the wrong game either, it just means that we're playing different games, that's it. We're choosing two different paths to self-actualization, nothing more, nothing less.

Sara K said...
but we're not playing monopoly or scrabble. we're playing Life and while you can certainly try to play Life with monopoly rules, you aren't going to win (or even make it out of the gate).

MakeItShine SILVER, Pembroke Pines, Florida

“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”
~C.S. Lewis.

Ah, Dawkins. Yes, a very opinonated man who has evidently not had much time to actually study scholars of textual criticism. To be skeptical of the resultant text of the New Testament books is to allow all of classical antiquity to slip into obscu¬rity, for no documents of the ancient period are as well attested bibliographically as the New Testament." --John Warwick Montgomery. You see, there is less than 1% "error" in the Bible, and all explainable. I urge you to open the Bible, and read it. If you are still in doubt, Google. Research. Form an opinion based on your own study, rather than from the mouth of those who wish to lead others astray. Happy research :)

A_Fate_Unknown BRONZE, Enumclaw, Washington

Those who make peacefull revolution impossible, Will make violent Revolution inevitable.

No random men thousands of years ago said that we need to aim to be perfect. There is no evidence that god wrote this.

Agreed ^ The Christians gods love is conditionally unconditional

1000ForYourThoughts BRONZE, Portsmouth, Rhode Island
I see no problem with having faith, but I do have an issue with the bible.This is because, as Dawkins put it, the Bible is a "chaotically cobbled-together anthology of disjointed documents, composed, revised, translated, distorted and ‘improved’ by hundreds of anonymous authors, editors and copyists, unknown to us and mostly unknown to each other, spanning nine centuries." So of course it has contradictions and just plain weird statements.

mymakersdaughter BRONZE, Cherry Valley, Illinois

"That which is striking and beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful." - Ninon de L'Enclos

the Lord says that we need to AIM to be perfect, but that doesn't mean that we will be perfect! He knows that we will fail because He is the ONLY one who achieves perfection. but He wants us to try as hard as we can to be as perfect as we can.

~C.S. Lewis.

On the contrary. It's you who misunderstands the whole of Christianity--and thus, the beauty of the gospel--and thus, the gift of a holy God. God requires us to be perfect to enter Heaven. Heaven = perfection minus sin, pain, suffering. You follow? However, God KNOWS we can never achieve perfection so He gives us ANOTHER WAY to get to Heaven. And this is through His Son, Jesus Christ. Jesus said, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father [God] except through me." Jesus is the SUBSTITUTE for our being perfect. He's perfect, sinless, just. He's God in the flesh. When He died, and took our sins upon Himself on the cross, He imputed His righteousness to us and made us perfect in God's eyes, if we accept His gift. 1 Peter 3:18 says, "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh..." It's the fact that we're unjust that Christ died. It's the fact that we can't get into heaven by our own perfection and works that Christ died. It's the fact that God knows His standard is unattainable for us as sinful humans that Christ died.

~C.S. Lewis.

First of all, God doesn't cause evil. Man fell in the garden, remember? God made everything good; He wasn't responsible for man's perversity of what He made. That being said, God doesn't make us ill--He surely uses all circumstances, good and evil, in His just and sovereign way, but that's about how much interaction God and evil have. Further, where in the Bible does God demand us to be well? On the contrary, He *invites* us to be well. When Jesus came, He pointed out that it is not the healthy (spiritually healthy) who need a physician, but the sick (the sinners). Jesus said, "I came that they may have joy and have it in full." He said, "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden for My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Katie1234 GOLD said...
Katie1234 GOLD, Velva, North Dakota

"When life becomes more than you can stand; fall to your knees"
"To be normal is to be boring."
"You cannot make men good by law."
"Christians believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God because He said so."
"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you."

It changes everything because it is the word of God. I would rather lean on that than man any day.

i know where I'll be. dead and buried in the ground.