The Lamb of God | Teen Ink

The Lamb of God

By Allie Newhouse BRONZE, Grove City, Ohio
Allie Newhouse BRONZE, Grove City, Ohio

Betrayal.

That was how he ended up the way he did. It was all part of one great plan, of course, but not many knew it.

One of his friends gave him away and he was taken to a man.

The man asked the crowd what they wanted to do with him. Was he to be killed? Was he to be released?

The crowd screamed for his vicious demise, and though he disagreed with his people’s decision, sentenced him to be crucified.

He was stripped of his clothes and given a crown of thorns. He was taken outside the palace and it all began.

The man was beaten numerous times. The long whip had shards of glass and nails embedded on its end and pieces of the man’s flesh were ripped from his back. Blood poured from his innocent body as he endured pain of every lash.

The crowd hissed and spat at his feet as the man limped over and began to carry his own cross. Blood trickled down his face where the thorns pierced his head. A man in the crowd was then ordered to carry the man’s cross for him, for guards realized he could not continue by himself.

The wood cross was placed on the grass of the hill where he was to be put to death. He willingly laid upon it.

Nails were driven through his wrists and ankles. The sound of his bones breaking and veins releasing his perfect blood was heard throughout the crowd and they cheered, yet the man still did not die; he just continued to endure the wretched pain.

The cross was then stood on its end and the man had to balance his weight upon only three nails. He suffered through the agony of the crown of thorns all while holding the sin of the world atop his shoulders, yet he asked God to forgive the crowd below, for they did not realize what they were doing.

He knew he had fulfilled his Father’s promise. His life had been given in the place of all the lives in the world. He had been forced to bear the most excruciating death of that time. He had defeated sin once and for all. He gave up his life for our own. He was the world’s final sacrifice.
“It is finished.”

Jesus-My-Savior GOLD,

*I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me. ~Philippians 4:13
*For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. ~John 3:16

I LOVE IT! This is so true! Jesus loved us and didn't want us to be sin-free with eternal life, that he died on that Old Rugged Cross on Mount Calvary bearing our sins! Red represents the Blood of Jesus on the Cross! God loved this world so much that He gave His only Son as a sacrifice for our death bearing sins! "For God so loved the world, He gave His only begotten Son; whoesever believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life!" ~John 3:16 Praise the Lord, the Lamb of God, the Lion of Judah for every blessing he has blessed you with! May God bless you in each and every way! Thank you for using your writing talents to glorify God! Please read my testimony and my other work! Thanks! "I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me." ~Philippians 4:13 Jesus loves you! :)