Why Judge??? | Teen Ink

Why Judge???

By sErEnity BRONZE, Williamsville, Other
sErEnity BRONZE, Williamsville, Other

We all judge. But why? I'm sure all of us have been judged at some point in time, so we should know how it feels. I'm sure you don't like it. What I don't understand is if you don't like being judged, then why is it that you judge others.
The thing is, no matter what it is about that person we disapprove of; even if it is something really terrible, we don't know what that person is going through so we shouldn't judge. We don't know if that person goes home to meet two mad parents, we're not sure if they even have parents at all, we don't know if they're feel unaccepted because we judge them, we don't know where they've been and what they've been through, so we shouldn't judge.
We don't even know what's going on in their life at present, so again, we shouldn't judge. Ultimately, what I'm saying is, you haven't been walking in that person's shoes all their life, so you don't know they path they walked, which means, you aren't qualified to judge them.

This world is a judgemental world, we are being judged all the time, but the thing is, it shouldn't matter to us what people think or say about us; once we know who we are and stay true to that.

<3 u all,
m/ on

This piece is different because it isn't a story, it's just me giving my opinion on something that I've experienced; being judged! I think many of you may be able to relate to it.

Morgan :) said...
Wow! So true. This piece explains aaaallllll about teenage girls and how judgmental they can really be.

very good grabber! i really think people can relate to this article(: also loved your conclusion! but maybe maybe work on word choice(:

Hailbop32 :) said...
Very interesting the begginning grabbed my attention. Work on stronger word choice. Try to find a different word than Judge. But overall a great article. :) <3'd it though!!!