Do Work For Green | Teen Ink

Do Work For Green

By Miss_JordanDee BRONZE, Derby, Kansas
Miss_JordanDee BRONZE, Derby, Kansas

Being only fifteen years of age, it is rather difficult to find a job. There are only two places in town where I can work at this age. Parents hassle their kids to pay for things on their own- clothes, cars, ect. It is extremely hard to pay for things with just your allowence. I understand some kids are too 'immature' to work, but there are also some who are efficent, and eager to work. Lowering the working age to fifteen, would help teens learn about finances and responsibility. It would also keep them off the streets, away from drugs, and other bad influences. I would prefer using my free time to earn money- in a different way besides bussing tables.

I had to write an opinion article for my English 9 class, to submit for a chance to be in the local paper- and I felt strongly about this issue young teens are facing today.

Miaoru said...
Miaoru, Sunnyside, New York
I agree! Being a teen can be hard to get a job!

PayTru SILVER said...
PayTru SILVER, Muncie, Indiana

"For most of history, Anonymous was a woman." Virginia Woolf

I agree completejy. My friends and I have been trying to get a job for ages while our mothers enlighten us with stories of the good old days when most kids over the age of 14 had a job.