Teens Don't Need a Curfew | Teen Ink

Teens Don't Need a Curfew

Do you know someone who has a curfew? What would you do if you had a curfew? This would not be a great idea because teens need to at least take a walk and hang out with their friends. Teenagers at age 14 or older should not have curfews because what if they have to do something important. This may help them get out of trouble but what if it was an emergency and they couldn’t go out ? This is why teenagers shouldn’t have a curfew.

First, teenagers need to be let out because they may have things to do after school. They might have to go to a baseball practice or school activities.. Teens might have to go out somewhere and they can’t go out because their parents don’t let them go out. Some teenagers have siblings and they have to pick them at a daycare but they can’t because of their curfew. This happened to me when i joined a softball team. I was coming home after my curfew and I got in trouble. Then I had a conversation with my mom explaining to her that I should not have a curfew and she agreed because being on a softball team was great exercise for me and it gave me a sport to put on my high school transcript.

Secondly, teenagers shouldn’t have a curfew because teenagers need to hang out with their friends and at least go out. Some teens feel stressed and tired being if they are always in their house, they want an opportunity to get out of the house and go out. In my neighborhood almost every teen has a curfew and when they feel like going out, they can’t. Teens can get depressed being home all the time. Teen depression leads to getting poor grades, eating disorders and maybe even suicide.

Thirdly, what if there was an emergency and the teen couldn’t go out? What about if the teen was sick and the parent was at work. The teen can’t do anything because if they leave the house they would get in trouble for it. Teenagers need to make their own decision about their lives and have an opportunity to go out. Also, teenagers need to practice being an adult because when they get older they're not going to be home all the time. They need to practice having their freedom.

In conclusion, teenagers need to have the freedom to go out. Curfews may seem helpful but parents don't really think carefully about it. Parents don’t always think about teens being able to help the family by doing something important after a curfew. Parents don’t feel the way their kids are feeling. If they go in their teens shoes they wouldn’t like the idea of having a curfew. They need to think about what their kids are feeling. Lastly, if teenagers have a curfew and there is an emergency they can’t help because if they get out of the house they would get in trouble for helping. I surveyed my neighborhood and almost all of the teenagers have a curfew. They also have stories of times when having a curfew kept them from helping their families or neighbors. This shows that teenagers shouldn’t have a curfew for those reasons.

Conrard said...
Conrard, Willow Springs, Missouri
You repeated the same problem too many times. Emergency, expound on that, otherwise, any adults who are doing research will say, "Oh, this child has no clue what they're talking about." Just a little advice who has had many of the same problems.

This was horrible, it made no logical sense, and you need a lot of help. Thank you.

ZeroBass said...
ZeroBass, Compton, California
Same for me.

Mikey123 said...
hey there weird earthlings of this planet! i am an alien from planet saturn and here to take over this planet wahh ha ha!!!!!!!!!

Popi said...
FuckThisCurfewShit

that_one_chick, Bolivar,MO, Missouri
I agree with you also

that_one_chick, Bolivar,MO, Missouri
@theprincess2002 ummm then learn to take care of yourself hun

Fartnugget said...
I just used this for homework

theprincess2002,
but yeah maybe you need sleep tho. think of that??

theprincess2002,
In my opinion, kids should have curfews because there would be a less chance of being kidnapped!!!!!

Freedoom said...
You read my mind. But he needs to be more detaild

Freedoom said...

Freedoom said...

freedoom said...
Kids need there freedom. Imagine you were locked in your room because your parents say you need to sleep. You not tired. You more than bored and have headache because you have nothn to do for a hour. Your parents come in and ground you because you not sleeping. Do you see anything wrong with this ??????!!!!

freedoom said...

badass said...
badass, Sandy, Utah
I think that teens curfew should be up to parents. Your parents know you and how responsiable you are better than any officer cruzing around looking for a kid to fine.

This article was amazing. It needs to be printed out and delivered to our elected officials across the state of Indiana. So proud of you Sir.

d==z n=tz said...
yea girl u are right they don't need to complain about a lousy curfew

Alisa 1102 said...
This Was Very Good  

milahk said...
thats your problem.