Into Existance | Teen Ink

Into Existance

By windswift DIAMOND, Arvada, Colorado
windswift DIAMOND, Arvada, Colorado

let it burn, suffering teaches the soul; let it grow, love nourishes the heart.

Her skin felt like a fire, a burning explosion that caused no pain, only a soothing sensation that made every sensory receptacle which made contact feel truly alive. The tips of my fingers were almost overloading with sensation, as I gently brushed her hair form her eyes, revealing the most beautiful brown eyes in existence. Some part of me could feel everything she was feeling, see everything she was, and for all purposes, we were one and the some, as we stood looking each other in the eyes. I could see so much swimming around in those watery eyes, a deep sense of perseverance, an icy lust for spectacular achievements, a bottomless tie of loyalty, and a fiery love. My fingertips continued there fiery trail down her face, gently arching around her smooth skin, until I reached her chin.

I cupped it softly, tilting her head just a few degrees, and my other hand found her waist, resting there with a fluidity reserved for strictly moments such as these. My hand that cupped her chin dropped to the other side of her waist, and we leaned on each other, allowing our lips to meet. An explosion of ecstasy swamped my mind immediately, and grew more intense as the moments stretched on, intermingling with a free flow of love. As the intensity expanded, my hands come to lock together at her lower back, and we swayed back and forth together, lost to the passing of time, immortal for just an hour.

Our spell was broken by the sound of a school bell, which was at least three times its normal volume, scaring us enough to make us both jump, causing us to break our kiss. We looked at the clock, which was somewhere around 11:45, looked at each other, smiled, a smile of reluctant knowledge, gave a quick hug, then a short kiss, and then we headed to class. The most magnificent part of out short time with immortality is the fact that those moments will live forever within us, never to fade into oblivion, and will always be the best of us. What I have described to you in these words is something that does not often come into existence, and when it does, those involved are changed, they progress to the next stage, become something more advanced. They have felt true love.