What Really Matters(2/2) | Teen Ink

What Really Matters(2/2)

By StankaBug PLATINUM, MccOmb, Mississippi
StankaBug PLATINUM, MccOmb, Mississippi

"A man who can read and does not read good books is no different from a man who cannot read at all."

The question that everyone seems to think they know the answer to is, "What really matters?". In reality, none of us actually know. Everyone has their own opinion about what really matters, so I will tell you mine.

I don't think that riches and fortunes are what matter. I don't think that being the best of the best or how wealthy you are is what counts. I believe that everyone has a purpose in life whether they know it or not. I'm not saying that you shouldn't try to do right. I'm just saying you should strive to be the best that only you could be. Like some people think that if you don't go to college, you don't amount to anything. I say that college isn't for everyone, but you just have to do whatever fits you. You shouldn't give in to peer pressure! You be you for only you. I know you should respect your parents, but don't let them keep you from chasing your dreams. Don't let anyone influence what your dreams are. Go after what you want to go after. That's what really matters. You live your own life! Try to be a leader and not a follower. Don't try to do your best, be your best. Simple words of encouragement are sometimes needed when your life seems like it's falling apart. Make your dreams goals! So I say family, friends, achievement, goals, love, dreams, reaching for the stars, being the best you and only you can be, and making good times last is what REALLY MATTERS !!