A current insight into Gender Equality | Teen Ink

A current insight into Gender Equality

By khanhtrangtrando BRONZE, Tuy Hoa, Other
khanhtrangtrando BRONZE, Tuy Hoa, Other

Until this day, "Gender Equality" still remains a hot topic on female discrimination in our humankind society. The feminist movement, dating back to the 1800s, aimed to create equal opportunities and freedom for women. Over time, it focused on ending discrimination and violence through social and legal reform. Feminism has led to increased educational opportunities, voting rights, workplace protections, and personal decision-making about pregnancy. It has also liberated divorced laws, barred employers from firing pregnant women, and created women's studies programs. 

However in recent days, the term "Gender Equality" no longer refers to feminism, now it is the term available to mean the equality in every aspect between both boys and girls. In my class, sometimes I hear some boys and girls argue that goes something like "You're a boy, if you shed tears, you're such a crybaby, shame of you!" or "Why do the girls only have to do the light things, and the boys have to carry all the heavy stuff, that sucks!". On hearing these, I have a thought that "So what is the key point that generates this conflict?". After considering, I have found that there's something that must be clarified to end this problem, and that is the different ways of thinking of these boys and girls, they only think for the benefits of their gender side, not for both sides which can prompt a better ending for their sake. The girls think that crying is only for the girls, if the boys cry they're not a truly man. And the boys think that is so unfair for them to do the harder thing compared to the girls.

But just give yourself a second to look upon this matter, do you ever ask yourself why crying is banned for the boys, and why the girls are always given the lightest thing to do? Firstly, everyone can shed tears, let alone boys, how come given the fact that because they're boys so that means they can't cry, people have emotions, and expressing emotons is not cofined to whatever gender, for sure. Secondly is the reason behind the latter, men are physically stronger than women, as they have, on average, more total muscle mass, both in absolute terms and relative to body weight. Their muscle mass advantage stems from a testosterone count over 10 times the amount found in women. As a result, their capacity for hypertrophy will always be higher, so that it is reasonable for men to do the heavy things and the girls conversely. 

So, in a nutshell, I want to say to all of you reading this piece of writing, gender must not be circumscribed by anything, even crying, and don't look at a matter only on one side, be aware of other sides in order to avoid gender conflict like the aforementioned situation.

Thank you my bestie for her advice so that I can get the idea to develop.