Segregated School | Teen Ink

Segregated School

By MissMarie PLATINUM, Fruitland Park, Florida
MissMarie PLATINUM, Fruitland Park, Florida

"Love is just a word, until you find someone to give it definition"...

If your teacher disagreed with a fact that he knew was true...what would you do? i have a teacher who disagrees that our school is segregated, i mean we know it is but we need help on how we can fix it get back to me with any answers!!! gracias.

Rynn750 SILVER said...
Rynn750 SILVER, Somewhere, Wisconsin

"A cynical young person is almost the saddest sight to see, because it means that he or she has gone from knowing nothing to believing nothing." - Maya Angelou

Well, the term "segregated" can have different meanings for different people. Your teacher doesn't have the same perspective as you do, which is why maybe he's saying that. Now, segregated usually implies race, but you also have to consider the demographic of your area. For example, my school is mostly white but we live in a mostly white area. I'd check out statistics and then try and come up with a logical argument.

LadyJulia SILVER, Petaluma, California

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
-Harry S. Truman

So if your school is segregated try to switch things up. Venture onto the "other side", put yourself out there and mix in with the group. It might just upset the student body or have them do the same thing as you.

Dreamboat said...
Dreamboat, Madison, Wisconsin

My name is Indigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die.

I guess you have a problem at your school, but you should write more about it. People cant help you if you dont give them enough information.