Is it necessary for all students to pass the physical education exam? | Teen Ink

Is it necessary for all students to pass the physical education exam?

By Udonn BRONZE, Qingdao, Other
Udonn BRONZE, Qingdao, Other

In current society, the topic on sport physical exams has never failed to attract the public concern, since a good body is a key factor of being successful. But when it comes to whether all students have to pass a sport exam before graduation, people varying in personalities and backgrounds are inclined to hold different opinions. From my perspective, students are not supposed to be required to participate in the sport physical test.

The primary reason to my point is that compulsory sport exams would discourage teenagers. What we cannot deny is that in modern society, almost every career field needs well-educated and excellent people to make contribution and dominate. In this case, nations and families are paying much more attention to education since they are afraid that their children would lag behind the world, resulting in the fact that countries implement a variety of strategies in order to improve the quality of education like increasing the quantity of homework, adding academic tests or exams, and assigning more projects and presentations. Under such a circumstance, students are now overwhelmed with tons of tasks so that their burden is increasingly heavy. As we all know that time is limited, so if students are forced to pass additional sport physical examination, they must squeeze time to practice for the sport test. Thereafter, they would not concentrate on all of their courses, which means that their grades would go down. Consequently, they would be scolded by teachers and parents, leading to the result that they will lose confidence in whether study or sport.

Another reason to further illustrate my point is that required physical tests would prohibit students, especially those who are endowed with poor physical condition, from obtaining an excellent final performance. It's universally acknowledged that not everyone is talented at sports field. In fact, even though students who are lack of sports talent endeavor to practice running or jumping, they would not be more outstanding than those who are born with great physical qualities, which means that the competition between students is unfair. Under such a circumstance, a group of students with poor physical condition are unable to meet a standard on such an exam, which even jeopardizes their chance of graduation.

Judging from what I’ve discussed, I firmly support that it’s needless for students to pass the sport examination.

Currently, many students are very distressed by physical education exams and even get sick from the stress. I am making an objective assessment of this test based on the realities around me.