Believe in Your Dreams | Teen Ink

Believe in Your Dreams

By mariarivera SILVER, Sacramento, California
mariarivera SILVER, Sacramento, California

" Dont cry because its over. Smile because it happened" - Dr.Seuss

Most people have dreams. Big ones or small ones. Even the most successful people had dreams and that is what has made them what they are today. Dreaming is essential for a human being. Without dreams, you will lose interest in life and finally hate to live life. You will be bored and tired of the same monotonous routines of your daily life and will not even find interest in the most exciting things. Only with dreams, will you find a purpose to live your life. You will start working hard towards the dream and will never lose interest in life. You will never tire and always be motivated. This is the best way to become successful.But with dreams, comes great responsibility. It is just not enough to dream and forget about that dream. Many people dream, but only some wake up and work for it. Dreams also help in aiming for bigger goals.

My dream is is to have a career so I can be able to provide for my mom and also to just become a better person and to grow. I want to get a career so I can have my own stable job and have a better life than my older siblings. Also so my mom won't be stressing anymore and wont be working everyday. My whole life i've depend on my mom, and I just owe her everything so i'm going to work on being able to give her everything. The career i want to study right now is to be a OB GYN. A OB GYN is just short for obstetrics and gynecology. Gynecologist is a doctor who specializes in a women's reproductive health. And a obstetricians is care for a women during her pregnancy. But I don't know if i'll end up doing that , i mean i'm interested about it because I like helping women and I like dealing with the journey of babies. I also just want to learn more about it.
The things i need to do to achieve this goal is to do my priorities first like finishing high school and go off to college. At this moment i don't know where i want to attend college i just know i want to be out of Sacramento or even out of California, yea i'm going to miss my mom and sisters but living on my own will help me. I also need motivation so I can believe in myself that I can do it. Like i've talked to my mom about me going away for college and she says it's okay but it really isn't. My sister already leaving us because she's a senior and she also wants to get out of Sacramento.I also want to leave but then I don't because I can't leave my mom by herself and she doesn't really have a close bond with my brother or older sister.

The help I will need is just motivation.If you don’t have motivation, you will be a failure in life. You will not be able to achieve those goals and will lead a miserable life. You will never enjoy the luxuries of life and you will never feel happy. You will be a failure and you will be nothing in life. Dreaming helps you to get an attitude of doing better or constant improvement. Constant improvement is very important. We must go that extra mile to reach our goals. Failures may come, but an attitude to keep moving on and trying to improve is thoroughly achieved by dreams. Dreams are the fuel that keep energizing you to go further. Even if there are many obstacles in life, you tend to keep moving further and trying to be better than who you are. Constant and never ending improvement is very vital in progressing in life. It enhances your personality and also whatever you want to progress in. It helps you to learn from your mistakes. Steady progression will help in slowly achieving a big goal.

This is the path on to starting a new journey and will gain strong motive along the way. This is my path because “ remember your dreams and fight for them. You must know what to you want from  life. Theres is just one thing that makes your dream impossible: the fear of failure” Paulo Coelho.

This article is about how I will achieve my dream and the obstacles I will go through.