Be You! | Teen Ink

Be You!

By m-ashreader GOLD, Homercity, Pennsylvania
m-ashreader GOLD, Homercity, Pennsylvania

"You never know until you try!" -author unknown

We all have goals and ambitions in our life.  Whether it’s being the next Taylor Swift or just getting better at sports they’re all equally important.

As teenagers we often get discouraged by others.  They tell us were not smart enough or maybe we not socially high enough.  We get put down because we’re not the right “stereotype”.  I mean come on, there’s no one some nerd can be a famous singer.

So we put our heads down and walk away.  The voices keep echoing in our heads telling us we’ll never amount to anything.  So we go through life without confidence that we can accomplish whatever we set our minds to. 
The truth is our lives were made for so much more than what we can see.  Each of us have beautiful, God-given talents that are waiting to be discovered and shown. 

Look down inside yourself.  What do you hide from others because you have no confidence in yourself.  Don’t be afraid to show them and shine in front of the world!   No matter what anyone says you’re beautiful inside and out.  Go out and show them the real you.