Ugh for Uggs | Teen Ink

Ugh for Uggs

By schlage GOLD, Erie, Pennsylvania
schlage GOLD, Erie, Pennsylvania

It's the first snowfall and the night before our town got about a foot of snow. Everyone comes stompin into the school, brushing snow off theeir boots. As my homeroom walks into the room and sets their boots outside the door, I see the usual wave of suede boots. Dark brown, tan, gray, black, and white. Then there's me. I pull off my purple plaid boots and slip into my school boots.

I don't have anything against you if you wear Uggs or Emus or copies, I just prefer standing out a little bit. Why do we all have to look the same? I even refuse to wear brand-name clothing. Why should I be a walking billboard for Hollister if I can wear a T-shirt for my favorite band or that new shirt that I got on vacation. Nothing against brand-name wearers, because if you like Uggs and think they look cool, go for it. If you just want to stick with the trend... that's different. I just want people to not be afraid to step outside the box. Even if it's just a pair of boots.

maggierebekah BRONZE, Woodstock, Illinois

"i think there is no world without theatre."

i wear uggs, and i love them. it's not about the fashion for me - they're comfy and warm.

SpringRayyn PLATINUM, Lakeville, Minnesota

"Don't punish yourself," she heard her say again, but there would be punishment and pain, and there would be happiness too. That was writing."
--Markus Zusak, "The Book Thief"

Those boots are actually made to be slippers in the first place lol. In my band class the flute row ALL wears uggs and it's kind of funny! one time they showed up and the colors went from dark brown to tan right down the row. XD

BeautyandBeast BRONZE, St.Peters, Missouri

Mom: I learned my lesson, I had three of you!
Daughter: You didn't learn your lesson, you had three of us!!! lol :D

i hate those shoes