I'm Proud to Be a Virgin | Teen Ink

I'm Proud to Be a Virgin

By jamaicanprincess BRONZE, New Castle, Delaware
jamaicanprincess BRONZE, New Castle, Delaware

control your life and do what you wanna do

I am a 16 year-old junior in high school. I have tons of friends and I may sound cocky but I am gorgeous. So why is it surprising that I am a virgin. Many people say "you need to get laid" or you don't know what you’re missing" when the truth is I do know what I am missing and I don't want to do it. Not only because I am a born again do Christian, but also I want to be just another girl. I am not a one night stand and I am proud to be a virgin.
I personally think that people have sex at too young an age anyway. STD and teen pregnancy is too high. Also it is becoming an obsession, as if I am not cool or super special because I am a virgin. Almost every day all I hear at school is teens talking about who got it or how they want it and it's sad to hear that that's all our generation really cares about.
Nevertheless, I will keep my commitment to myself to remain a virgin until marriage, and I would encourage everyone to do so also because it's worth the wait. I am a 16 year-old junior in high school. I have tons of friends and I may sound cocky but I am gorgeous. So why is it surprising that I am a virgin? Many people say "you need to get laid" or you don't know what your missing" when the truth is I do know what I am missing and I don't want to do it. Not only because I am a born again do Christian, but I want to be just another girl a guy does. I don’t want to be a another girl he uses for pleasure and forget all about me. I am not a one night stand and I am proud to be a virgin.
Nevertheless, I will keep my commitment to myself to remain a virgin until marriage, and I would encourage everyone to do so also because it's worth the wait.

my opinion on teen sex

Anders said...
That's a very smart choice. I'm Mormon, so I was brought up with pure ethics. I was taught that having sex before marriage can cause extreme emotional damage, and a weaker relationship with your future spouse. Again, very smart choice.