Book vs Movie | Teen Ink

Book vs Movie

By Fate98 GOLD, Glasgow, Other
Fate98 GOLD, Glasgow, Other

"Life isn’t about how popular you are… What girl or boy you are dating or who you know. Life is about always being true to who you are or what you believe in. Never let anyone convince you that their way is better than your way. In the end all we have is our hearts.. and our minds. This is the reason we sing.. this is the reason we cry… this is why we live." - Andy six"

The book or the movie?

Which would you say was better?

As you know many incredible books that we all know and love have been made into movies. Harry Potter, Twilight, Willie Wonka an the Chocolate Factory ect.
They are all done very well and are highly enjoyable. But have you ever said to your self when watching them
"That scene wasn't how the book went."
Or at least something to that effect?
Or sometimes the movie changes it completely like the Walt Disney movies or the latest Alice In Wonderland. I'm not saying they were changed for the bad. They are very good but not like the book.
Or maybe after reading, we will say Twilight as an example, you got disappointed by a character or they missed out a funny scene in the movie. It could be disappointing for that Twi- hard fan.
Also with a book it's almost like your in it. You can make the scene look like what your imagination lest you. I think its maybe more close and personal in a way. That is if you are like me and really get sucked into the land of the book.

On the contrary movies might be more visually dynamic, in that the scene is there for you and it has the talented actors making their character as like the book and life like ( as they can .) And these days you have all the special effects and 3D ect. People could say there isn't anything that you can get from a book that you can't get from a TV faster. (not sure i agree with that.)
And I don't know about you but when i read a book that's been made as a film, i can't get the film out my head as i read, which may not be a good thing because then you have you expectations set out for you and you can't let you imagination run free.
Also i think it's a little sad when someone says someone LOVE what ever film but doesn't even know it's a book first
Another thing i don't like is when a book is made into a movie and then made a book again but as the film, i don't know why but i really hate that.

So as much as i adore movies, books will always be the love of my life.

What do you think?

Guest987 said...
BobBuilder you are so right I hated the first Percy Jackson

06Mimani said...
I agree with you 100%. I think books are always better than movies cause in movies, they tend to change a lot of important things. Good job with this piece of work.. I really appreciate it while I agree a lot. Honestly, I like the movies sometimes because it brings up the picture of the characters and the setting and the expressions. I really agree with it for the lastt time and I think it's awesome!!!! Good luck with it!!!!!!

BobBuilder said...
I agree so much with this. I was extremely disappointed in Percy Jackson because it was nothing like the book! And the people in it were bad actors.

Lauren123456789 BRONZE, Atglen, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
I agree, most of the time the book is way better than the movie. With the book Dear John, I pictured the characters a lot different than in the movie. For me, the movie sort of ruined the book.

just-another-url GOLD, Cannes, Other

"It's a good thing to be strange. Normalness leads to sadness." -Philip Lester

I think with books you can create your own world, interpret things as you want. And if you don't like something in the book, subconsciously  , you can change it. 

Movies are great too but since they can't last 6 hours but only two, it's sometimes hard to put in all the wonderful scenes that made the book a hit. 

So, I must say, books win ;) But both are a fabulous form of art. 

mlynch BRONZE said...
mlynch BRONZE, Summit, New Jersey

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That's why they call it present."

I agree with you 100%. I think books are always better than movies cause in movies, they tend to change a lot of important things. Good job with this piece!! If you have time could you check out my story "Just Like My Mother"? Please comment and rate it cause I need all the feedback I can get. Thanks and good job to you!!!