Changed Me? | Teen Ink

Changed Me?

By Darkwolf GOLD, Sioux City, Iowa
Darkwolf GOLD, Sioux City, Iowa

If I were to ask you who have changed your life, a person will pop in to your head. More than likely that person is a teacher, friend, parent, or relative. The more you think about it, the number of people who have changed your life increases. Yet, the number of people is still small, every one leaving their fingerprints on your life.

If you were to ask me, my answer will be different then the usual. Every person I have met, loved, hated, talked to, know, or learned from has changed my life. Not every person has changed my life in a positive way though; some have only left bruises and scars, while others have left hope and good.

Anyone can change your life, doesn't matter if you have known them forever or if you have just met. Sometimes it is the little things that change our lives. When someone you don't know holds the door open for you, or helps you pick up your belongings from the floor, then just for those split seconds the world is a little nicer. The people around you can turn bad days into good ones, and good days into bad ones. Everyone around you affects your life, without you realizing it.

You may think everything I have written is wrong, that not everyone around you changes your life, but I disagree. Some people simply make bigger impacts than others. While some changes may be great, others are small; only changing your path the smallest fraction of an inch. Yet, like everything else, those small fractions of an inch began to add up over time. Then before you know it the path beneath your feet is different than before. My path has changed many times before; it has been both an easy and a hard path, and everything in between.

When people do ask me who has changed my life, I began to think about the people who have changed my life and silently I thank them. Not everyone's fingerprints are visible and some will fade over time. Yet the people around me make me who I am and are helping me become who I will be, changing me everyday.