An Apology | Teen Ink

An Apology

November 2, 2015
By Honeysuckle55 GOLD, Littleton, Colorado
Honeysuckle55 GOLD, Littleton, Colorado
17 articles 0 photos 3 comments

I'm sorry.

What more can I say?

You look at me expectantly but I just stand there in my silence waiting for you to respond. I say it over and over and over but i mean it everytime. I know I didn't hurt you just once, but twice. As soon as you thought there was still hope you turned around and I stabbed you in the back. I know. It hurt. A lot. I hurt you so much that now you're always crying and you're life is a mess and everything aches cause of me. I know. I'm sorry. What would you like me to do? Suffer the pain with you and walk away from happiness? It may not look like it to you but I'm already there. Ask any of my other friends and they'll tell you that it's true. They'll tell you I'm almost terrified of you and that I don't know what to do and that I'm hurting on the inside. You can't see that though, but it's ok I understand. I know you're just in the worst spot and that everythings falling in on you and you just want out, but saying that over and over won't magically make a perfect solution appear. If you want a way find your will and then it'll come. I know you're trying already and that you feel like I'm not but I'm working on it. I trying to figure things out and you expect immediate results, and I'm sorry but that's not going to happen. It's just like a weightloss program were it takes time and immediate results are hard to get. But, I know they're possible so I'll try and get there for you but I'm sorry if it takes longer then you want. I'm trying to make it up to you, and I know I failed my first chance, but give me another one so that I can prove to you that I can and that I will be a good friend. I'm trying to be better and to learn from my mistakes but please just give me some time and realise that you might have to wait.