My Best Friend | Teen Ink

My Best Friend

It all started in kindergarten. I remember meeting my best friend, Christopher, in Kindergarten. I remember he was new to our school (this was my 2nd year of kindergarten), and I was nervous to go up and talk to him. However, I did. I said, “ Do you want to hang out with me?” He said, “Sure.” So first we talked about what he likes to do and what I like to do. After awhile he told me he likes to play hockey. I told him I also like to play. I told him that I just started to play for Winter Club. As we talked we figured out we both play hockey for Winter Club. So we got to play with each other in hockey, and we even got to be on the same team for 6 years! Sadly, Chris and I don’t see each other as much anymore because I went to a different school, and he’s still at my old school. We still like to see each other but it’s just not as much. We still hang out together. For example, I’ll go over to his house or he will come over to my house. Sometimes we'll play video games or go outside or we'll go out somewhere. The best part is, sometimes we'll even get to travel together like at a hockey tournament and we’ll get to stay in a hotel room together and it’s awesome. He and I get along great together. He is the best friend I have ever had, or ever will have. I am so glad Christopher is my best friend, and it all started in Kindergarten!