Love Does Not Equal One Man and One Woman | Teen Ink

Love Does Not Equal One Man and One Woman

By falling_star DIAMOND, Stafford, Virginia
falling_star DIAMOND, Stafford, Virginia

"This sh-t writes itself." --William Shakespere

What defines love? Must it always be a man and a woman? In my experience, not at all. Love is not something you really can define, much less set limits on. Since when is love something that is not considered true if its different?
Marriage should be open to gay couples.
They're in love, probably more so than some hetrosexual couples. What would it ruin? Only in Levitican law does it state that a man must not lie with a man, nor a woman with a woman. Levitican law does not apply to the vast majority of us, or else we'd never cut our hair or eat meat save for beef.
So there goes the religeous arguement.
It's not an abomination, homosexuality has been around since the beginning of time, Only now are we being respected as people. And yet, it is such a long, hard journey which is still incomplete.
Marriage for gay couples is no skin off anyone's nose. If you have a problem with it... don't be gay.

Oh thank you! I'm sorry for the mistake. I'm not an avid Bible reader. :)

Glad you agree!

Milly said...

I'd just like to make a small correction on the comment on Levitican law; homosexuality is also mentioned multiple times in the New Testiment as well: In 1 Corinthians 6:9-10, it says "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

It is hard to tell what parts of Old Testiment law apply to modern-day Christians, but the New Testiment does have something to say in the matter.

Just thought to clear up the little mistake!

Kaileigh918 BRONZE, Orange Park, Florida

"There's no shortcuts to anywhere worth going"
-me

This is so true!