How to spot a "player" | Teen Ink

How to spot a "player"

By Bobbi PLATINUM, Terry, Mississippi
Bobbi PLATINUM, Terry, Mississippi

Girls tend to think with their heart; whereas, guys tend to let their hormones do the talking. Not all, but most. Most girls want the fairytale; the happily ever after. They want that foot popping kiss that makes their heart beat erratically. They want the big wedding; fiftieth anniversary. They want to grow old with their “soul mate” and believe that “there’s someone out there for everyone”. Yet so many of these wishful young girls cry every night alone in their rooms because some guy did them wrong. He played her and now he’s off to her best friend.

One thing you have got to learn is how to spot the rotten egg before it hatches. Guys who play girls will always have an excuse for why they are not around a lot. Truth is he is probably with another girl. “Friends” is what he will call it when you bring it up, and she probably thinks that’s all you are to. The sad fact is she probably doesn’t know she’s being played either. I call this being put on a back burner.

He says he’s a nice guy…. Maybe so but if he is really a nice guy he doesn’t have to say it; and most guys will be the first to admit that they aren’t always sweet and innocent. Like your mother always says “actions are always louder than words”

Make him look you in the eyes when you are talking to him. You can always spot a liar by their eyes. If you ask him a personal question about your relationship and he’s feelings towards you and it; if he looks away or doesn’t look at all chances are he is lying when he answers.

Ask around, if a lot of people (including your friends) say he is a player than he probably is. You should run while you still can. People who get the reputation of a player get it for a reason so beware and throw your red flag up. There is no need to get hurt if you can avoid it.

If he is to PERFECT… everyone has flaws, that is what makes us human, and if you cannot find a single one in him then it’s all an act. TO GOOD TO BE TRUE… he has mastered the art of being a jerk, he has gotten to know you, and he knows what you want and what you like. He has formed himself to tell you what you want to hear, he is a smooth talker and your hanging on to his every word. You need to be able to reveal his true colors, and eventually they will show...but are you willing to wait around and get hurt in the process? Remember guys and girls part of being in a relationship is embracing each other’s flaws because NO ONE is perfect.

I was reading a magazine on girls getting their heartbroken, and it inspired me to write this.

Bobbi PLATINUM said...
Bobbi PLATINUM, Terry, Mississippi
I think if you truly love her it will last, it will just take work... all great things take work it just depends on how hard each of you is trying to work!...its a two part effort but i think it will work :)

Kumanga DIAMOND, Bethel, Alaska

Always Accept nd love urself for who u are!

Im on my 1st relationship wit a gurl, hah, nd im tryn to learn bout stuf, but this one is my 1st long distant relationship, lol this is the 1st time i felt like this , i mean, do u think u cant stay wit the 1st love? i mean will it last?

Bobbi PLATINUM said...
Bobbi PLATINUM, Terry, Mississippi
Yes, thats true i'v had my heart broken plenty... they say it gets easier but i think it just gets worst.

love-hurts__i-know SILVER, Decatur, Illinois

"i don't walk through my life, i strut through it!"

Well i guess everyone get's there heart broken at least once in there life and i have gotten my broken already twice and i'm pretty sure i'll get my heart broken more latter in life

Bobbi PLATINUM said...
Bobbi PLATINUM, Terry, Mississippi
That is exactly why I wrote it. I'm so sorry you got your heart broken.

This made me really think. This seems like something i would write because i got my hear broken by my best friend and then his best friend. I went out with a guy 7 times and i didn't learn my lesson. Once you find someone like that it most likly means he hangs out with guys like that. When his best friend when out with my "sister" and when she dumped him and asked me out i should have read the signs. but i didn't and after about a week when my ex dumped me for him i when home and cried myself to sleep that night. Now i've found that these two guys that have broken my heart and sew it back together are my two best guy friends and that's all they will ever be.