Miley Cyrus | Teen Ink

Miley Cyrus

By angelak779 SILVER, Detriot, Michigan
angelak779 SILVER, Detriot, Michigan

At this moment there are 6,470,818,671 people in the world. Some are running scared. Some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day; others are just now facing the truth. Some are evil men at war with good, and some are good struggling with evil. Six billion people in the world, six billion souls. And sometimes -- all you need is one. ”
— Peyton Elizabeth Scott

How would you feel if everywhere you went, everything you did was documented? Would you crack under pressure, would you rebel, would you hide? That’s what Miley faces everyday and every day she isn’t perfect she’s human, yet we give her crap for everything she does like she is perfect, like she can’t make a mistake! So when she does make a mistake can you blame her? For one thing she’s a teenage girl, that’s enough to deal with on it own. For another she has billions of fans looking up to her, wanting to imitate everything she does. Yet she survive and toughs it out, she takes the mental and emotional stress just to please her fans! For that I admire Miley Cyrus, do I want to be like her “oh no” I want to make my own mistake! But do I want to imitate her bravery and passion for everything she does? Yes! I also want to thank her for putting up with what she does. Like I say every one has to have someone to hate.
Miley Cyrus what do I think I know about her : she dating a 20 year old, her best friend is a bad influence, she took and still takes naked photos, Nick Jones broke her heart, Selena Gomez stole her ex boyfriend.
What I do know about her is: she loves her fans, her personal cell phone is often hacked, Nick Jones broke her heart, she’s friends with a 20 year old, she loves animals, and she loves acting and singer and lives under a microscope.
Is she dating a 20 year old we don’t know nor should we know, that her business! Is her best friend a bad influence probably not (I sure Miley was rise with a good judge of character)! Does she take naked pics we don’t knows and frankly who cares (what she does in private is her business)! Did Nick break her heart yes (everyone gets their heart broken)! Did Selena steal Miley boyfriend 1. Miley and Nick are over it so she didn’t steal anything, 2. How do we even know Selena and Nick are together?
Bottom line: Don’t judge Miley Cyrus harshly because her fans will kick your butt and because you don’t know what it’s like to be her!

I am a fan of Miley and feel like people judge her harshly. So I wrote this article to share with people my view of what the real Miley is probably like ands what she must deal with everyday.

xonikkitayor BRONZE, Lords Valley, Pennsylvania
I think that Miley Cyrus is still just trying to find herself. No one in the world is perfect so just because she does bad things you cant really judge her for it. She isnt really the "Hannah Montana" that she played on tv. That was just a character she played. No matter how many hateful comments to say to/about her shes just going to laugh because thats who she is. You cant change someone just because you think that what they do is wrong.

angelak779 SILVER, Detriot, Michigan

— Peyton Elizabeth Scott

if it was me i would want to someone to defend me

angelak779 SILVER, Detriot, Michigan

— Peyton Elizabeth Scott

true but if a normal teenager chose to do the things she do no one would bat an eye so were is the fairness

JRsingersongwriter GOLD, HB, California

"It's one thing to put yourself in someone's shoes. It's another to walk around in them." -Me!

this is the first time I've seen someone defend Miley. everyone hates her, it's so unfair.

broken_red_wagon BRONZE, Bothell, Washington

"I would rather be hated for who I am, than be loved for who I'm not." Kurt Cobain

I think it's cool that your defending your favorite celeberity, and that you want people to stop criticizing everything she does. However, she shouldn't have tried to become an actress if she wasn't willing to deal with the long list of negatives most famous celebs deal with. Besides, she's seventeen and has been in the business for what, five years? It's not as if she's some new start. It's obvious Miley is trying to act more adult-like now that she is nearly 18, so if that's the case, she should be able to be mature enough to ignore it. Right?

danceto.rocknroll BRONZE, Thornhill, Other

"be yourself, because the people that mind don't matter, and the people that matter don't mind."
- dr. seuss

It's so tiring hearing person after person defending Miley Cyrus. Really? She's a big girl, I think she can take care of herself. & when you put yourself in the spot-light, no duh people are going to talk about you & document your every move - thats part of being famous.

Fod God's sake get over it.

real_as_can_be101 PLATINUM, Mustang, Oklahoma

You can love and hate, but which is more irrate? -unknown

Team Demi all the way!

I agree with ZadaRox101. Those were terrible decisions she made, esspecialy since so many little kids around the world look up to her. Shes just wrong. I really dont agree with what u r saying.

TheJust ELITE said...
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

My problem is not that she makes mistakes, but posing half nude for a magazine and pole dancing aren't mistakes. Those are choices she made. And she hasn't learned from them. I'm sorry, but I'm not a fan of Miley.

XxKathy1111xX SILVER, N/a, New York

follow me long enough and you'll end up on a field hockey field.

good except the last part.... you dont know other celebs lives or the girl next to you in math class's life either... but yet they get judged too. its unfair yes but miley (and the other celebs) picked to be celebs and be in the lime light so its not our fault we dont like the drama they create.

Kitkat19 SILVER, Brookline, Massachusetts

If you can't explain, then you don't understand. -Me

i agree! this is by far one of the most sensible things i've read about Miley. Great work!

biggerinfinities SILVER, Superior, Colorado

“We accept the love we think we deserve.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

does it matter? live your life the way yoou want to live it doesnt matter! its her life she can either throw it away or make it brilliant~` so can you, but do it yourself, not to be like her

Celair_Phoenix SILVER, Hue, Other

"All that glitters is not gold
Not all those who wanders are lost."

I think it's hard enough living life with people and cameras ogling you as you go on your daily business. The media tends to make a big fuss about the problems of celebrities to get our attention. But hey, it's just because they're celebrities.

WriterNYC SILVER, Akron, Ohio
Nothing is the difference. Miley is a just a girl and has way more pressure on her shoulders than we do. If you were like her would have alot of pressure to. And those naked photos were just a scam to minpulate a 15 year old girl Duh

twilighter_360 GOLD, NYOB, New Jersey

"A bird dosen't sing because it has an answer.A bird sings because it has a song." -- Maya Angelou

"Give peace a chance." --John Lennon

sure, everybody makes mistakes, but miley has made way too many. she needs to GROW UP. she is a terrible influence on young girls and she makes me sick.

AmnyR BRONZE said...
AmnyR BRONZE, Clifton, Texas

To the world, you may be just one person, but to one person, you may be the whole world. ~unknown

unless i'm mistaken, she's had some bad publicity... that should help her know better. i dont mean to sound like i'm coming down too hard, sorry if i did, i just meant to say that if you've been alerted that your behavior is questionable (and she has) then you need to think twice before doing the same thing, weather you're a celebrity or not. i dont blame the media for anything i think or do, but little kids are easier to influence than most teens

Sunshineyday said...
because she's a kid, and doesn't know any better. it's tough to live in a fishbowl, you and I can only imagine the stress, so let's not come down on people so hard. we all got our demons, we all got our troubles, we all got our reasons. if we put as much of our soul into thinking for ourselves as we do finding media sources to blame for our twisted thinking, we would have free minds. maybe someday....

AmnyR BRONZE said...
AmnyR BRONZE, Clifton, Texas

sure we all make mistakes, but when you're a clebrity you need to realize that the whole enitre world is watching you at all times. dislike from some people is the price you pay to be an idol to others. she needs to realize that every little girl in america is watching her and is going to imitate her!!! how can she be so incredibly blind and uncaring about the example she sets?!?!

angelak779 SILVER, Detriot, Michigan

— Peyton Elizabeth Scott

Team Demi is the team I'm on

Angelak779 said...
How do you think is better Miley or Demi