You Can't Avoid Reality | Teen Ink

You Can't Avoid Reality

By Likeaboss427 GOLD, Fort Belvoir, Virginia
Likeaboss427 GOLD, Fort Belvoir, Virginia

"But I have a new love for that glittering instrument, the human soul. It is a lovely and unique thing in the universe. It is always attacked and never destroyed---because 'Thou mayest.'" -Lee (East of Eden, John Steinbeck)

Sometimes we wonder why the laws forbids certain things. Whether it's you're to young to drink, or you think drugs should be legal. There is one thing you should know:you can not escape reality. If your excuse to taking drugs and drink is your life is too hard to handle, then you need a reality check. Drugs and alcohol abuse are not the answer to solve your life's problems. Taking action is. Instead of picking up a bottle, you need to pick up your head and do what YOU need to do to get your life together. Also, just because drug and alcohol abuse might temporarily take you to a place where nothing is real and all your worries disappear, doesn't mean they aren't there, they're just disguised by toxins.
Getting drunk and high is not the answer to solving your problems, taking actions to permanently change your life is. So you better get to it.

TheSkyOwesMeRain GOLD, Irvine, California

Life isn't measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments which take your breath away.

You are only as strong as your weakest link.

Great job :)