Teen Smoking: Who's Responsible? | Teen Ink

Teen Smoking: Who's Responsible?

October 3, 2019
By 24gedale BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
24gedale BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Vaping has become a huge issue with teens and young adults. Can you imagine a loved one dying due to vaping? Yes, vaping can cause deaths. According to ABC news, already in one month, there have been thirteen deaths. What would you do if one of those deaths were someone you knew? Some people blame the makers, while other blame the advertisements. But for me, it’s difficult just to choose one.  
I think everyone takes responsibility. Adults take part because most don’t pay attention, teenagers for not expecting consequences, and yes, overall, the makers. Eventually, smoking will become an accumulation to teen smokers if nobody catches on and start to become inevitable. And, advertisements don’t help when they exhibit vaping material, especially when they use teen-looking “adults” and say how good it tastes. They manipulate people into thinking vaping is healthy, though it’s the complete opposite.  
However, vaping wasn’t thought of as bad when it came out in 2015. As a matter of fact, it was made to help cigarette smokers stop smoking. But now that people research what's inside a vape pen, it’s way worse than a cigarette alone. Did you know one vape pod alone is like smoking 20 cigarettes—One full pack! Some people contradict that it is healthy for people, however the deaths tell a different story.  
 Facts of Vaping: 
 Damage to the brain, heart and lungs 
Cancerous tumor development 
Preterm deliveries and stillbirths in pregnant women 
Harmful effects on brain and lung development, when use occurs during fetal development or adolescence 
Just as addictive as regular smoking   
According to Vapingdaily.com, October 1st, 2019. This is important because it is strong enough to tell people “it’s not healthy, and just as horrible as cigarettes.” and keep them away from it. Vaping altogether is death waiting to happen, and needs banned in as many states and countries as possible. We as a nation can work together to help spread these dangers and help ban it!  


The author's comments:

I'm an 8th grade student, likes are cats, writing books, swimming/running.