We're Beautiful, Socitey is Not | Teen Ink

We're Beautiful, Socitey is Not

December 8, 2010
By Anonymous

As I sit there, soaking up the sun, running my hands through the hot, soft sad, I watch the girls run around in their skimpy bikinis. Their perfectly flat stomachs glistening in the sun. I look down at my own stomach, flipping a million times. I know it will never be like that.

You know what? I am okay with it. We're born different shapes and sizes and we do anything to get that body society says is "perfect.” Thousands of people are suffering because they want to the "body" that society approves. I say, enough is enough!

We're beautiful, society is the ugly one. I may be a slightly overweight girl, with glasses, brown hair that will not stay right, and acne that comes at wrong times. I'm not the blonde cheerleader every guy wants. None of the less, I classify myself as beautiful. You should, too.
I once read an article, talking about Kelly Clarkson gaining lots of weight. She said, "I feel much more comfortable now.” Her having so much confidence gives me strength. I look up to her about everything; it's easier to find someone who you can relate to.
Just remember, the next time you stress over your weight. You have the perfect body. Not the person sitting next to you


The author's comments:
I see people worrying about their weight. I know how it feels, maybe this will help someone.