Being Happy Means Nothing? | Teen Ink

Being Happy Means Nothing?

By Mitch SILVER, Newcastle, California
Mitch SILVER, Newcastle, California

"Don't do drugs, don't have unprotected sex, and don't be violent. Leave that to me.
-Eminem

I hear a lot of talk about peoples take on things and often it comes to race or who people choose to have as their significant other. What I don't understand is why we can't just all accept each other and let it go. If the person is happy then, is it really someone else's place to say what they think if it is negative? I mean if we can't get passed that, how do we expect to teach our kids that when we get older?

I'm just done with discrimination...

GrapeGirl BRONZE, Brighton, Other
wooooo yeah i agree!!!!

RedDaisy said...
RedDaisy, Guayanilla, Other

"It's not just having the courage; you also need the strength. What's the point of having courage if you lose and can't get back up after the first fail?" -Me-

I agree with you completely. Many of my country blame youth for problems. But here's my question: did youth raise themselves?

Are you talking about like inter-racial relationships? I totally agree with what you're saying. I read this article about inter-racial marriages and relationships in Cosmopolitan magazine and it interviewed the families of a black-white couple, and I was surprised that some of the family members were reluctant to have their sons/daughters marrying someone of a different race... I thought we'd all come past that. I agree with you though, happiness is what really matters, and love :) Maybe you could expand your article into like a five-paragraph-essay form (which sounds really school-ish but I think it would help to present your case more clearly and you can elaborate about why discrimination should be a thing of the past.) Just a thought.

peace_love_beauty PLATINUM, Florien, Louisiana

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalms 23:4

Yeah, me too. I just wish everyone could get along. We don't need all of this hate and discrimination!

Tiffany said...
I agree with this.