love should have no limits | Teen Ink

love should have no limits

November 13, 2009
By dylonmichael GOLD, El Dorado, Kansas
dylonmichael GOLD, El Dorado, Kansas
10 articles 3 photos 118 comments

Favorite Quote:
i have two one is "live life as if it were your last day on earth" and two is "never make some one your everything because when they leave you you have nothing"


People shouldn’t have to spend extra money on single tickets for dances if they don’t want to.

Lets say you’re a girl and your best friend lives in another town and you would like her to go to your school dance. You go up to the table where you buy tickets and you ask for couple tickets. They come back by asking if it’s a guy and a girl and of course you have to say no. This causes the ticket prices to be twice as much because you have to buy two singles but we all know you’re a good friend so you buy them.

This is by far one of the most stupid things I have ever heard. I mean come on seriously who would want to pay that extra money. It’s money you could spend on a dress or tux but because you have to pay the extra ticket price your dress or tux budget is cut short. It may not be a lot but when you have to work for your money or you parents don’t have a lot to give you it seems like it. You may not even be able to buy that dress or tux you wanted and that would be a real bummer.

Also its not like you two are dating, your just friends but if you were you shouldn’t be discriminated because of who you love. I think this rule should be taken away, you should be allowed to take who ever you want to a dance. Lets say your gay and prom is right around the corner and you would like to take your boyfriend/girlfriend. Only to find out you cant because it’s not allowed because you are of the same sex. This kind of discrimination is everywhere and it’s worse in schools. Another solution is buy a single ticket and then have them buy a ticket but see that would take away from the fun of taking someone to prom. Normally you would buy the one you love tickets.

I really think this is wrong because many times I have had to do it and I could see the disappointment on there faces and I felt bad. Also I may want to take my best friend to a dance so he can find himself a girlfriend but I wouldn’t be able to. This rule is so pointless, what is it hurting for same sex couples to go to a dance together. If it’s hurting you I am sorry but my love for them would conquer all.

Like I have said this rule is pointless and dumb, so I dare you to stop this discrimination and get the school to abolish it.